Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Csn Or Lx Wicks ?

Hi

I've been testing different wicks for my molds, but need some advice.

One mould is 50mm/2in in diameter. I used CSN 11 but a whole appeared in the side whist buring. I then tried the eco 0.2 wick but it has a very weak flame. Candlescience suggest a LX 16. Isn't that to big ?

I use soy pillar blend wax

Which wicks are best for soy wax pillar candles? CSN or LX?

Thanks

Hiya

You'll find soy pillars a PITA to wick. I too tried 2" diameter soy pillars with disastrous results. You will find it extremely difficult to get good results with such a small candle diameter. Most soy chandlers will agree that the minimum diameter for soy is 3".

I was getting fairly good test burns using LX 16/18 but by the 3rd/4th burn I would get blow outs. Needless to say I gave up on them. I hope you get better results, I would recommend LX wicks as they burn nice and evenly, just what you need for a pillar.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
    Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
    Facebook Page

Comment

Hi Ruby

You've been a HUGE help, thank you so much. I'm going to try the LX 16. I hope it works.

Thanks again.

Nat

Comment

I've had exactly the same experience with soy in 2" moulds myself and have totally given up just cant get a wick that doesn't have blow outs. I like the LX wicks myself and I have found I can wick a 3" diameter candles okay but not any smaller.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Umm.. I see

Well i think i'll stop trying to use that size mould and try bigger ones, or stick to container candles.

Thanks for your help Lisa.

Nat

Comment

Working...
          X