Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Fragrance Oil - working out quantity methods - weight not volume ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Fragrance Oil - working out quantity methods - weight not volume ?

Hi All,

I am having huge diffulties in understanding how to work out the quantities of fragrance oil to soy wax.

weight not volume ????
    Can you please explain how to work this out as I keep reading that I have to use weight and not volume, which does not make sense when I am using 'fragrance oils which are liquids and therefore not solids'

Lastly I am a metric girl, so any explainations etc would be really useful if they could be in metric terms and not american Lbs and Oz's etc, as this is causing me huge headaches as well!!!!

As always many thanks

Hi
    Not sure if I can help, but with soap making I use EO, which I add by weight.

So many grams of EO - to so many kilos of hard oils.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks for replying, do you actually weigh the liquid on the scales then?

Comment

Yes, some people especially if they are small soapers use jewellery scales to get the 1gm increments.

Try it with some liquid, say milk, 1/2 litre compared to 1/2 kilo.

hth

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi Jane,

hanks very much for your help, That has certainly helped me to clear this up in my mind and I have done as you suggested with the milk, !! What a good idea !

Once again many thanks

Comment

In a similar vein to Jane's reply, I weigh out the wax and then the EO/FO.

I bought a reasonably priced set of digital scales (weighs down to 1g) for about a tenner and they work great. Use a small plastic pot to weigh the oil (an old 35mm film cannister which I seem to have dozens of !! - one of those items you don't throw away as you feel they will come in useful one day and they actually have ) and add as necessary.

Oddsox

Comment

I tend to weigh my melted wax in the pouring jug, then I tare the scales to zero, then add the required FO and stir away.
              Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
              Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
              X