Springy Smells!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springy Smells!

I've been thinking about Spring (must be the lousy weather outside my window at the moment! - drizzling rain) and what candle fragrances I could use in my candles. No tell a lie I've been thinking about Spring because I want it to be Spring

Anyway, I know there are a lot of great ideas out there with all you candlemakers so wanted to ask for ideas for fragrances to put in Spring candles. I've been thinking that there are certain smells that represent Spring i.e. Lavender, Orange, Sweet Peas, daffodils - although don't know if you can actually get all these fragrances in liquid form? Maybe a few good combinations would be good - peppermint and violet (umm not too sure about that one!).

What smells epitomise Spring with all of you (or combinations)?

BTW I've just realised how to add to members power rep levels and apologise to everyone who has helped and replied previoulsy without getting just recognition.

Thanks

Oddsox

Smells associated with spring for me are: fresh clean linen (no .... I do wash my linen at other times of the year too, but think spring clean!)
    Daffodills
    Grass
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hyacinths and freesias.

I don't think daffs or tulips have any scent.
      I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

You can believe it or not get daffs and tulip FO for candles and just about any other flower/herb/plant you can think of. Juniper Breeze is a lovely spring smell and another lovely one is Lemon Lavender. I got a new scent in but haven't got round to adding it to the site yet. It is cucumber & melon sounds naff but it is actually really lovely and fresh.

The designer types go down quite well Angel and Chanel always really popular. Another couple I thought of are fresh cut roses and fig they are really spring like.

HTH.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Roast lamb and mint sauce

How about Jasmine?

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

All great ideas so far - I thought of Honysuckle or wisteria!! maybe combine the two?

Comment

Hi
              Why not find an aroma that could help these young men??

In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

(Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Jane
              Last edited by greannancrafts; 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Oooh aromas like Hyacinth, Sweet Pea, anything floral really. Spring Rain is a good one too.

If you haven't done so already visit Jo at Sensory Perfection. She has the most awesome FOs for candles. Loads to choose from too. You can get some small tester quantities at a reasonable price. They're enough for a few melts or tealights, just to see if you like the smell.

Once you've narrowed down your favourites you can then order the larger sized bottles.
                Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                  Hi
                  Why not find an aroma that could help these young men??

In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.

(Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Jane
                  Something like Sex on the Beach or Butt Naked maybe

On second thoughts maybe not, spring can still be bloomin' freezing
                  Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                  Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Or how about
                    no I had better not suggest that

I might get struck off!!

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Daffodils certainly - the real narcissus varieties have very varied fragrances, don't know what the FOs are like.

Hyacinths, bluebells, lily of the valley, appleblossom and violets - I've seen FOs for these.

Mimosa, primroses, may blossom and some of the large fragrant azaelias (don't know about FOs for these though).
                      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                      website
                      blog

Comment

Seems to be narrowed to herby or flowery - although I like the idea of grass at Spring - cut or rolled

Comment

Sweet pea air in the warm breeze...ooh I was very nearly warm there, thanks for encouraging me to think spring!
                          Sarah

Comment

Freesias always say spring to me, or Daffodils. I like the idea of the Bluebell scent, but I have no idea what it would smell like as we have no woods near where I am.
                            www.pure-light.co.uk - Pretty soaps, candles, bath and gifts.

Comment

What about Wedding Day? All those Spring weddings and Valentine Proposals that happen (apparently).
                              www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
                              www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
                              www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
                              www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X