Can you help....Candle Decorating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help....Candle Decorating

I have brought some waterslide decals for inkjet printers to decorate candles with using my own designs. I just wanted to check before I brought the candles. Can you use any candles or do they need to be anything special??

Any advice appreciated as its my first time doing something like this

I have used decals on all sorts of candles with no problems so think you will be fine with what ever you buy. Unless someone knows anything different.
    How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

sounds interesting , this is something I'd like to try
      where did you buy the waterslide decals from and how do you use them
      www.sunrisecards.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

You can use any smooth candle with waterslide decals. Make sure the candle is clean and smooth and you wont have many problems.

A tip though spray the decal with a lot of fine layers of acrylic varnish. I found if I only did two or three thin layers the ink came off the decal when you put it in water. I do at least 5 or 6 thin layers (they need to be thin or the varnish will show up on the decal).

HTH.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I brought these from ebay item number 160306822516

And then I have brought these as well as some wooden trinket boxes etc to use on wood -got these from crafty computer paper dot com

Now just waiting for it all to arrive so I can start experimenting. Would post the links but I dont have enough posts yet

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
            You can use any smooth candle with waterslide decals. Make sure the candle is clean and smooth and you wont have many problems.

A tip though spray the decal with a lot of fine layers of acrylic varnish. I found if I only did two or three thin layers the ink came off the decal when you put it in water. I do at least 5 or 6 thin layers (they need to be thin or the varnish will show up on the decal).

HTH.

Lisa

Where did you get yours from?

Comment

Just a tip - check to see if these decal papers are suitable for photo copiers if so your local copy centre can pop them through the colour copier and you do not then need to spray the images as the photo copier seals the image and so you wont get colour run from the water.
              How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalieb View Post
                Where did you get yours from?
                Crafty Computer Paper. Just make sure you get the right kind for your printer they have labels for inkjet and laser - I have an inkjet so I need the acrylic varnish I don't think you need it if you use a laser printer though.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thank-you so much for the information in this thread, these are exactly what I've been looking for.
                  Last edited by kayleee; 17-02-2009, 10:58 AM.
                  www.pure-light.co.uk - Pretty soaps, candles, bath and gifts.

Comment

Working...
                  X