X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love some advice

Hello everyone!
    I wonder if you can help me?
    I have always loved candles, and cant think of a better way of relaxing than in a candle lit room.
    I hate the candles you can buy in most shops as they tend to burn for about 2 hours then you have to chuck them out.

So, I have decided to start making my own and start selling them. I have told many people about my ideas and they love them.
    I am very excited about this and cant wait to get started.
    I have already got a starter kit and have made some nice little candles from it, but now I need to go bigger!

I was wondering if anyone knows a good place online or in the London area where I can buy my ingredients from.
    Also, is it very expencive to start out candle making?

I'd be very greatfull for any help.
    Thank you!

I had a similar question to this a while back so I will post a link to that thread for you to have a read.

Candle Advice

There are a few places on line you can try.

Candelights

Full Moons Cauldron

Sensory Perfection

Candlemakers UK

Hope thats of some help.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

re

not sure about suppliers in london but in regards to shop bought candles only lasting 2 hours why dont you try gel candles, an average gel candle last 5 hours plus and they are so easy to make, my friends at work buy them off me and they adore them and they always come back for refils too, try googling gel wax in london area im sure they will come up with something. hope this helps
      MY WEBSITE
      www.crafty-cow.webs.com

my email
      [email protected]

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum my daughter makes candles and started out with a kit she found on a boot sale now she has stuff every where she doesnt sell them just makes them for family and friends and her dad as she makes him citronella candles to keep the bugs away when hes fishing good luck with your new craft hope you find out what your looking for
        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

suppliers

i would definately recommend candlemakers UK too they are a great supplier - i used to be a buyer in a art & craft shop and always found them easy to deal with HTH

x vInTaGe VioLeT x

maximumrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats one huge bunch of beads

I have been waiting for about 5 days now but the shipping times are 10-19 days. As

Comment

Originally posted by mandamoo View Post
              not sure about suppliers in london but in regards to shop bought candles only lasting 2 hours why dont you try gel candles, an average gel candle last 5 hours plus and they are so easy to make, my friends at work buy them off me and they adore them and they always come back for refils too, try googling gel wax in london area im sure they will come up with something. hope this helps

Oooohhh, be wary of gel candles. They are very tricky if you're going to make scented ones. You have to be extremely careful with flashpoints and polarity. Use the wrong fragrance oil and you can have a very nasty fire. I've never tried making gel candles, although they are lovely it just scares me as I know of someone who dabbled and almost burnt down her living room .

Don't get the wrong idea, I don't want to dampen your spirits about making gel candles, just make sure you use the right stuff .

Ruby x
              Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
              Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
              X