Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disposal of waxy water

Hi again,
    this may sound like an odd question, but what do you do with the water used for cleaning candle equipment?
    i figure if i pour it down the sink, sooner or later it will get clogged up, but how do you get rid of it???? lol. (may be having a blonde moment) ta in advance for any tips!!!!!

xxx

what wax are you working with?

I always wipe out my jug of excess wax before i wash it up then just put the water down the sink but every couple of days i put abit of bleach down and every few weeks i pour an un-blocking solution down just to make sure it's running freely
    I work with soy so it's not as harsh as parafin & doesn't clog so much

Comment

i work with parafin... eek. lol.
      i try to minimise the ammount that gets down there, will just keep an eye and unblock it if it begins to run slower.

thanks so much for ur reply!!

xxx

Comment

hello all,
        I use my extras from candles & simmer on the stove with water. now when i figure i've simmered as much of the scent out as possible, i let it cool & just scoop out the hardened wax & toss in the garbage, add more water & some fresh wax and away I go.
        cheers ...
        A very nice collection of wedding favors.

Comment

What about filtering it through some rags befor letting it go down the drain?
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Never ever pour paraffin wax down the plug hole it will block it and bleach wont shift it it will be a very expensive plumbers bill!!

If I have waxy water I add cold water to the sink/basin until the wax sets and forms a skin. I then scoop this off and put it in the bin then empty the sink or basin.

HTH.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

ah, ok. will try that then!! thanks!! (dont think mum would have paid the bill for that!!) lol

xxx

Comment

Working...
              X