Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New candle maker, discolouring in soy wax

Hi all, fairly new candle maker here.
    I have made a recent batch of candles. I use tins and this batch has discoloured during the curing process. It is looking orange all around the edges. I do not use colourings, just fragrance oils so I am guessing the discolouration must be from the oil?. I always stir for two minutes. I am wondering could this be due to the temperature I am adding the oil? I am just following the manufacturers instructions. Any ideas?
    Many thanks!

Hi, we are a bit short on candle makers at the minute, might I suggest you contact Kev or Peta Partner at “Making your own candles dot co dot uk”. Kev is a member of the forum although not a regular poster but very knowledgeable.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks for the signpost Dave, I have just posted anther topic so will head over there. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda11
        Hey, I have been making my own [MOD EDIT] for a while and I have the same problem as you. Have you perhaps found a solution to that problem? Thanks in advance.
        Hi, the forum does not allow links to comparison sites as they usually lead to a sales page, also not allowed.

Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
        X