Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blending Fragrance oils and selling

Hi

Im new to making and selling Candles but im unsure of if any laws/regulations/requirements when blending oils.

Is there any such thing

Is there anything specific you have to put on your label par the health and safety aspect or can i just blend away and create the name i like for it.

Many thanks

Welcome to the Forum. I'm not sure we have any currently active members who can advise you on this, but I would suggest the best place to get definitive advice is your local Trading Standards department.

Linda

Comment

I think that as a general rule all products need the complete list of ingredients usually in the order of the quantity. I have an allergy to nuts and would probably be quite ill if I lit a candle that burnt and gave off nut fumes.

Other people can have allergies to other things more likely to be in a candle

I do think you have to list the ingredients not just becuase of the allergy thing, I was just using it as an example but becuase there are some very strict rules and even laws about this sort of thing so I would do as Linda suggested and speak to your local Trading Standards Office.

I hope you find out what you need and your candle making goes well.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
      X