Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed!

Hi There! I am new to this forum and not sure how it works. I am hoping someone can help!
    I measured out my first batch for 2 candles (first one I've ever done) using a coconut and rapeseed pre-made blend.
    I used the formulas to work out the weight in grams needed of oil and wax.
    150ml containers x 2 using the x 0.77 formula to get 115.5 grams of wax per container.
    However... after melting I only had enough for one container?? I am so confused and deflated as I cannot work out what happened!
    First I thought I got the weights wrong but re checked and don't think I have, and then I wondered if I heated to quickly and some evaporated?
    Any help would be soooo appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that I'm not able to help with your query as I'm not a candle maker, but I hope someone who can advise might be along before long (we are not the busiest forum around, but those of us who post here are very friendly and helpful).

Linda

Comment

thank you! hopefully someone can shed some light, I'll keep trying!

Comment

Hi, try Kevin Partner at making your own candles dot co. uk, he's also on FB, I think the main site is down due to CV-19 but he’s probably available via social media, he’s a member here, not visited for a good while though.

Dave.

Comment

Did you get a solution? How much fragrance total and how much wax total did you use?

Comment

Working...
          X