Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle safety labels?

Hey guys! Joined this forum a couple of days ago and so far loving it

I wanted to get your thoughts on candle labeling, as I've seen a lot of conflicting advice on the internet (some people not bothering with labels altogether, others going with absolutely everything - branding, CLP (hazardous substances) and warning symbols, and labels around fire safety e.g. 'do not leave a burning candle unattended' - and everything in between).

For those selling their candles online, what information do you attach to your candle? At this stage I'm thinking a label with my brand, a CLP label and a 3rd (smaller) label instructing on fire safety & not leaving the candle unattended. It seems a lot, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution with the law!

A side question - do you guys put the weight on your candle? Seems to be conflicting advice everywhere on that one too!

Cheers,
    Ben

Contact Kev Partner at making your own candles .co dot uk. He used to post on here a few years ago. They sell candle supplies, kits etc, he’ll know.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks again Dave - really helpful!

Best,
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by FICC View Post
        Thanks again Dave - really helpful!

Best,
        Ben
        He’s also got a book on Kindle for running your own craft business from start up. Well worth a read.

Dave.

Comment

You must absolutely put all those things on your candle packaging by law, not just for the sake or erring on the side of caution! Any advice that 'conflicts' this is either unwittingly ignorant or belligerently so and incorrect. You must also have Public Liability insurance in place and your labels must have the weight and your address. See here for more help!

Comment

Working...
          X