Could this candle be made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this candle be made?

...a candle that reveals messages as it burns.

That's what I'm trying to create. Sound crazy? Let me explain it a little more.

I want to create a candle for my partner with "hidden" text in it so that as it burns the text is revealed. My basic concepts are either the text runs around the inside/outside of the glass jar or the text is on small inserts that are contained in the wax. But I am open to any way to make it work. Ideally, new text would be revealed on each 1-2 hours of burning so all up there would be multiple messages revealed over the lifetime of the candle.

Now, let me state I am a completely newbie when it comes to this stuff. I'm turning to your candle crafting expertise to either tell me a) yes this could be done by doing X; or b) This is downright madness and won't work at all!

Anything spring to mind? Would love to hear it!

You would have to have multiple moulds for this to work, ie start small and put the wording in candle wax on the small candle. Allow to set up then repeat with a larger mould etc. You would need to have a lower temperature wax for the candle otherwise would melt the writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      You would have to have multiple moulds for this to work, ie start small and put the wording in candle wax on the small candle. Allow to set up then repeat with a larger mould etc. You would need to have a lower temperature wax for the candle otherwise would melt the writing.
      Thank you! I will explore this method and see if it works for what I'm after!

Comment

Working...
      X