Concentrated Oils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentrated Oils?

Remember my strawberry cushions? They were a huge success and I've sold all of them......

......so, in order to make more I bought some concentrated strawberry oil. It's written up as 'concentrated cosmetic fragrance'. I got it on Saturday, but it doesn't really smell like strawberries, it's very perfumey and not really fruity....is this because it's concentrated, will it smell like strawberries once I've diluted it and added it to the aroma beads?

Or, do I need to complain to the seller, and buy more elsewhere?

Thanks!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Hi Jules

Glad that your cushions were a success. As to your curent problem I'm not too sure as I don't use aroma beads yet. Not too sure whether Lisa does. I presume that you got your oil from a reputable supplier. Trouble with some oils is they smell totally different 'out of the bottle' to when you use them in your finished product. Oh hang on, you said it was cosmetic fragrance, mmmm, it may have already been 'cut'. That may have something to do with it.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Ruby x
    Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
    Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
    Facebook Page

Comment

Experimental....

...Used about half a mil of oil, neat, and added to half a jam jar of beads. Give it a good shake, left it for a while.

It smells more strawberry than it did straight from the bottle, but might mix it with some other fruity oils I've got.

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I always have problems with strawberry fragrance oils
        I never think they smell very strawberry ... just ... artificial

Comment

Artificial....

Originally posted by Bathtime Temptations View Post
          I always have problems with strawberry fragrance oils
          I never think they smell very strawberry ... just ... artificial
          Artificial isn't a problem here. It probably helps if the cushions smell like strawberry sweeties rather than the real thing....

But this 'cosmetic' fragrance has strong perfume notes about it, it doesn't smell 'edible'.

Think I'll have to order more decent strawberry from Sensory Perfection.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

You can't get more decent than Jo. Her stuff is pretty good.

Ruby x
            Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
            Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
            Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
            X