Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold foiling advice

Hello all,
    I’m wondering if anyone can offer advice on DIY gold foiling for my wedding invites.
    I have the Minc rose gold foil bought from Hobby Craft and a cheap laminator (eBay).

I practiced printing my invites on standard A4 printer paper. The foil reacts really well to the correct areas when I put this through the laminator.

I then tried printing onto card. The foil does not react at all to any areas. I don’t know if it has something to do with the card being thicker?

Has anybody else had this problem before? I also find it does not work at all on brown kraft card.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jess x

Perhaps your card is more porous than the paper so the toner absorbs into the card surface? I found paper specifically for laser printing the best. I no longer have access to a laser printer / photocopier now.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Hi, Carol, long time, no see....good point about laser print paper...
      Back in the day when I made 3d decoupage designs, I used to print public domain designs but then needed to varnish them using a special varnish. Printer paper especially would suck in the varnish, no matter how many coats, it wouldn’t sit on top of the paper. I must have tried ten different sorts of paper as white paper for decoupage costs a fortune per sheet, all sucked it into the paper. My last resort was to grab a sheet of laser print paperfrom a damaged pack in Staples, from one of their guys.....bingo. The varnish sat on top of the paper. I think laser print paper is your answer. Easiest thing is pop into Cartridge world or similar and just ask for a sheet or two to try. I bought a large pack as the £5 for ten sheets of decoupage paper was actually 7p a sheet laser print paper!

Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X