Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with which clear casting resin to use.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with which clear casting resin to use.

Hi all, i'm not new to clear casting, but it has been many years since I last used clear resins.
    In the new year, I plan on casting some very large clear resin and wood sculptures. The resin I used previously was for scale modelled reservoirs and the surface always remained a little tacky. And from what ive seen, the majority of polyester and polyurethane resins have this drawback. The epoxy options Ive seen are prohibitively expensive.
    Is there an option i have missed? Or is there a relatively simple way of not having a tacky finish?
    Many thanks for any help.

Hi, Don't know if you have solved your problem yet but I have used polyester clear resin quite a lot and it needs to be protected from the air to cure completely. I found wrapping with cling film to be quite effective to keep the air out and it is easily removed after. A bit of surface finishing and polishing gives an excellent hard wearing finish. The only drawback with the polyester resin is the fumes. Very strong and needs good ventilation and a good quality mask for your protection.

Here's one I made earlier......

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X