Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Patchwork

Hi everyone

I have recently got interested in crazy patchwork as a way of using up scraps of material from another project that I am currently working on. You can see the pictures on my blog site (details of this in my profile as I understand that I cannot include the address here until 25 posts!)

Can anyone recommend a good book please?

I know that women used to embroider certain symbols in their work, for instance a spider's web I believe symbolised wealth or good fortune. A book that maybe had some history of this would be great.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    regards Dody xx
    www.fairyglade.blogspot.com

I did a little surffing but didn't find what the meaning of the quilting was.I did find this and thought you might want to read it.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEX...Quilt-art.html

I found it a good read
    Shabby Neesey

Comment

crazy patchwork

Many thanks for that, there is certainly a lot of interesting facts that are worth a read.

That said, the Victorians were great ones for embroidering symbols and pictures on their quilts and I would love to find out more. I have come across some info on the internt, but would love it if someone could recommend a book with more details. It is nice to have a reference on the book shelf.
      regards Dody xx

Comment

try Amazon...........they have about every book written on everything
        Shabby Neesey

Comment

crazy patchwork

I have seen all the books for sale on Amazon and that is the problem, there are so many to choose from. I was rather hoping that someone might recommend something that they have bought themselves.

I have bought off the cuff from them before and have been disappointed, so if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
          regards Dody xx

Comment

A crazy quilt chalenge I recently took part in.

http://creativeliving.10.forumer.com...pic.php?t=1200
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

OH Goldy..........I bet the friendship qulit turned out soooo nice.The 15 in samples I saw were lovely!!
              Shabby Neesey

Comment

There will be 8 or 9 quilts in all we each get a month when we pick a block design then everyone makes us a block each so over the year everyone gets a quilt.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

is anyone out there

Hi I just found this forum and was thrilled that I might be able to share ideas with you all but I see that there are not many posts so if you are out there please post so I can see i;m not alone struggling to learn crazy patchwork

Comment

i love the idea of doing patchwork but cant use a sewing machine very well but they do look beautiful
                    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Recommended Book

Hi!

I would recommend Janet Haigh's book 'Crazy Patchwork' ISBN 1-85585-613-1.

It has 4 pages with pictures on the history, the rest (128 pages in total) is divided into techniques and some good projects using different colour schemes and styles.

Best Wishes

Julia
                      Fire xxx
                      Fire Horse Textiles
                      Love Buttons On Etsy
                      Love Buttons On MISI
                      Love Buttons On Folksy
                      Flickr
                      Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X