gocco printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gocco printer

does anyone know of any uk suppliers of gocco printers they can recommend?

thanks
    lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Hi,

What exactly is a gocco printer?

I saw someone mention it on a blog with some comments about getting ink on carpet and it's got me thinking that I might want one.....

Sorry, I can't help with the suppliers (obviously since I don't even know what one is!)

Yvonne
    x
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Its a funny little screenprinty type thing for making notecards and suchlike.

Comment

Ooooo...they do sound cool. I definitely want one.

I had a look on the internet but can't seem to find any in UK. Apparently they're quite hard to get hold of since they're Japanese.

Do you know what Riso is? I heard that name/word bounded about quite a lot...
        Yvonne
        x

Comment

think this link will help you

http://www.gocco.com/prod.HTM

http://northwoodstudios.tripod.com/FAQs.html
          Last edited by Neesey; 02-03-2008, 08:15 PM.
          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Thanks Neesey!
            Yvonne
            x

Comment

Look what you did!!

So thanks to Lucykate I'm on a mad hunt for a gocco printer too now! They look so cool!! But I am hitting many walls with my hunt for one in the UK.

So now i'm wondering if I was to buy one from a US or Japanese supplier, will these be ok to use with the UK electrical system?

I'm off to Hong Kong next month and they have the same plugs and voltage as UK so if I can find one there I will be definitely getting one.
              Yvonne
              x

Comment

hong kong?

Hi,
                So I was wondering how you got on in Honkers? Did you find somewhere there to buy a Gocco? I too and having trouble and am desperately looking for a PG-11. My Fiance is travelling to Hong Kong with work soon and I would like to be despatch him to bring one home.

Comment

Hi,
                  I just got a Gocco PG-5 (couldn't find one in the UK so got one from someone in Japan via Etsy.) I love it so much. I use it to print with enamels on metal, but after seeing so many cool things other people have done (there are so many groups on Flickr devoted to Gocco-ing!), I now want to make postcards and t-shirts and business cards!!

Originally posted by mymiyel
                  So now i'm wondering if I was to buy one from a US or Japanese supplier, will these be ok to use with the UK electrical system?
                  You don't have to worry about whether it's compatible with the mains because it uses 2 AA batteries.
                  It's such a shame that Riso stopped making them. You could make screens in a similar way using a 3M Thermofax, but (surprise, surprise) they've discontinued them! You can find reconditioned ones on Ebay or from tattooist suppliers (but they go for about £700, so a Gocco is much more affordable!)

Comment

I heart gocco!

Ditto! I got a PG-5 from an Etsy seller in Japan too - I've been playing with it but don't want to overdo it because of an underlying panic that all the supplies are going to run out - is this irrational? Should I just be going crazy with the thing?

Has anyone found a good cheap supplier yet? I've mostly been looking on Etsy but the main problem is the shipping.
                    Yvonne
                    x

Comment

gocco

I've got one!

Don't want to show off, but after a desperate search for one, plus husband looking for one whilst on business in China (annoyingly he used to travel to Japan 2-3 times a year), I bought one from a friend who lives up the road! Amazing coincidence. Her name is Liz Plummer, she is a textile artist and may have one in stock. Look on her site 'dreaming spirals'. She gets second hand ones from Japan - not sure if she has any in stock - but worth a try. Or try 'Print addict' on ebay.
                      My supplies came from Purple Greeting cards - very quick delivery - I bought screens, bulbs, and ink from them.
                      Just have to work out how to use the thing! I messed up the first one - not enough carbon in my original.
                      I love gadgets!

Comment

here's the link
                        http://purplegreetingscards.co.uk/shop_Gocco.htm
                        i really want one! its the answer to all the problems i've been having regarding printing of various paper project I want to get off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mymiyel View Post
                          Ditto! I got a PG-5 from an Etsy seller in Japan too - I've been playing with it but don't want to overdo it because of an underlying panic that all the supplies are going to run out - is this irrational? Should I just be going crazy with the thing?

Has anyone found a good cheap supplier yet? I've mostly been looking on Etsy but the main problem is the shipping.
                          Just did a quick sweep of google an came up with this: http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byfor.../msg00096.html
                          Apparently, this person is a distributor, but that's all I know. Scroll down for the fax number and give him a go. It may well be a dead end but you won't know if you don't try.
                          Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X