Will my table cloths fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my table cloths fit?

Anything to do with fabric lengths & dimensions is a complete mystery to me......and I'm wondering if the two table cloths I've bought are going to cover the craft fair stalls I'm booking this year cos I hear they need to reach the floor at many fairs to cover your beneath-the-stall-gubbins

I'm generally booking 6ft stalls and have bought 2 table cloths each measuring 130 x 180 cm.......they look OK.....do you reckon theyre big enough for the job?

Thanks guys!
    Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

I would say probably not as 180cm is 3cm under 6ft. I have used a large curtain in the past. I got a bargin red velvet set from a charity shop. 90x90inch thats just over 7ft.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Metric fools me too. I find sheets work well, can be folded to fit if too big - and don't forget to make sure no ends are hanging down to trip up the unsuspecting public!! Sale time is a good time to see what is available - not a floral one though!!!!
      Cynthia
      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Hi... having same issue at mo. First craft fair this weekend and still not finished my table cloth. I got my material from Ikea. It's 140cm wide. (My table is also 6ft long). So I was going to sew 2 strips together giving me 280cm. The only problem is I'm worried that will be too big.... and you'll probably see the seem in the material.... grrrrr... nightmare!!
        Hope u get yours sorted
        Chloe's Designs
        Bead & Findings Shop
        Ebay Shop

Comment

I bought 3m of fabric (regular width) and it covers my 6x2foot table to the ground on 3 sides, with quite a lot to spare at the ends.

Comment

I bought 2 super king sized sheets and found that 1 is more than ample!!

I'll bring both with me to Lostock Hall on Saturday so if yours is pants, you can borrow one of mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
              I bought 2 super king sized sheets and found that 1 is more than ample!!

I'll bring both with me to Lostock Hall on Saturday so if yours is pants, you can borrow one of mine!!
              ...I never thought of bedsheets! What a good idea thanks guys

...and Tippy, you're a little twinkly star in the firmament you are!

Thanks!
              Shaz x
              Keepsake Kollections
              & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

I bought 3metre lengths from the cheap fabric shop and they are fine, also as they are a sort of stretchy material they don't crease so always looks nice on the tables. take some pins with you to pin around the corners, keeps it all neat.
                Good luck with the show
                Sue
                www.susiedolls.com
                www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

what good advice. WOW doing a craft fair isnt as simple as just turning up and (hopefully) seling stuff...insurance, buisness cards, table cloths....
                  Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                    ...I never thought of bedsheets! What a good idea thanks guys

...and Tippy, you're a little twinkly star in the firmament you are!

Thanks!
                    Shaz x
                    Got mine from Dunelm and I think they were £7 each and they are a sort of magnolia type of colour - or very pale gold if you see what I mean!

I usually take masking tape if I need to stick any sides down, but so far have not needed it - I must make the folds well!!

Comment

All my sheets are fitted ones...I'd look a bit rum with round elasticated edges all round my stall wouldnt I?! He he

Shaz x
                      Keepsake Kollections
                      & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

Ha!! Ours are that we use, but bought these sheets specially!

I'll bring the masking tape too, just in case!

Comment

Working...
                        X