Dusty fluffy fimo - very annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusty fluffy fimo - very annoying

Hello.. does anyone have any idea how to keep dust and fluff from sticking to your fimo as your model it??? I tried using white which probably only made things worse, but the whole thing is just covered tiney bits of fluff. Then when i varnish it, it gets even worse cos it all sticks. Grrrrr.

Help anyone please???
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

I would take the fimo away from the fluff as a first step..... where are you making your fimo models?

I stand at the kitchen bench to do all my fimo work (not that I do loads of it) and use a glass heat resistant board so I can put it straight in the oven. I have never had a problem with fluff
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

I just kinda sit at my desk and do it. But then I am surrounded by fabric and carpet and stuff so that probably doesn't help. Thanks! I will try what you do and see if that helps. I didn't know if it was just what happens but it shows a lot more on white fimo.

Thanks!!!
      Yvonne
      x

Comment

fluffy fimo?

It sounds like youve answered the question yourself in some respect! I have had the same problem. I sat on my chair with a fluffy throw and found bits in my fimo! Not good! Now I always place newspaper down in my kitchen, work from an old kitchen plate and wear latex gloves (stops fingerprints on your work) and I make sure I use the same equipment because fimo can be toxic if ingested so I always clear it all away before I handle/eat food.

Hope this helps!

Dena x

Comment

make sure your hands are always clean as the fimo will pick up the slightest bits from them. If you find that you are changing colours too often to wash your glass place, I find that placing greaseproof paper helps me.

Pauline
          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know that I made some fimo bits the other day in the kitchen in non-fluffy clothing and it worked a treat. No fluff to speak of! Thanks so much for all your advice!
            Yvonne
            x

Comment

the fluff is most likely coming from your hands, you gotta keep them really clean, keep a pack of baby whites handy for when you first start and for in between colours.
              Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
              My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
              My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X