Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edinburgh-fabrics/crafty bits

hey everyone!!!

i just need a bit of advice, next week i am going to see my bestest friend who abandoned me and moved to edinburgh!!we are shopping for her wedding dress (i feel a friends scenario coming on!!!) but i was just wondering if anyone knows of any crafty shops i can pop into while i'm there,specifically some gorgeous fabrics and beady bits for my bags.

thankyou!!!

dee x

www.zukiestyle.co.uk
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

You'll be lucky!! The rates have forced the people out. John Lewis has a section and so does Jenners, they are both on princes st, well John Lewis is at the end in a shopping centre.
    My mother in law mentioned a new bead shop that opened but it is not in the centre of town. Would you have transport or be using the buses. If you are interested send me a private message and I will phone mother-inlaw and ask exactly where it is.
    http://slackstitches.com
    Handmade bears and textile gifts

Comment

Sorry your in for a big dizzy !!! For such a large city it has real lack of craft shops.However I am not a beader so I have just Googled these for you. The first two are near the city centre and Bruntsfield Rd isn't that far out.

www.helios-fountain.co.uk

www.renewalrus.co.uk

www.edincraft.co.uk

And The Little Bead Shop
      Bruntsfield Pl
      Edinburgh

As I say not a beader so I dont know if these are good shops or not.
      Enjoy your girly time with your friend anyway and remember to bring your thermals
      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

the bead shop in stockbridge is alright, I went a few weeks ago and spent a fortune on things I didn't need (I hadn't been to an actual bead shop for months and got carried away with all the sparkley bits I could pick up and not put down).

The charity shops in Stockbridge are also pretty good. (and the cheese shop IJ Mellis, off topic, but their cheese is fab! )

Helios fountain is pretty expensive too, I haven't been but someone bought me some beads from there.

I would have a look on the north bridge/ south bridge street section of the city - just off the royal mile, there are loads of ethnic shops (and one or two fabric shops I think), I bought a lot of made up jewellery in one really big indian shop and they worked out alot cheaper than the shops were selling the individual beads.

The problem with big city's is knowing where to look, two and a half years in Glasgow and I don't seem to have found anything, five weeks walking the streets in edinburgh (unemployed) and I found loads of shops
        www.beadlab.com

Comment

thanks guys

well i went and returned with 2mtrs fabric and beads from john lewis!!!oh well maybe next time....

dee x
          Dee x
          Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
          Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
          Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
          X