Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticking glass beads to a glass candle holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking glass beads to a glass candle holder.

I've just been beading, and my design is glass beads for a glass candle holder, but I want it to be about 1/3 of the way up. What is the best glue or other sticky substance to glue the two together? Would uhu do the trick or should I be using someething else?
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

I've tried this with a gluegun.. favourite toy at the moment... but doesn't work!! probably uhu or other contact adhesive would do the job??

Comment

Silicone glue?

Dave

Comment

You want to use a glass to glass glue ideally. There's a number of them around that use the UV in daylight to cure the glue to a very strong bond that will stick. Wilkinson do their own glass glue which is ok, or I would recommend a product called Fixsal which I've used and found to be very good and stores well for months if kept clean.

Comment

Thanks. I went for Uhu type glue in the end because there was some lurking in a drawer. It seems to have done the trick at least. At least I know for the future if I want to do something bigger.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
          X