Paper cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper cutter

I would like to buy a paper cutter to get neat straight edges to the labels I use at Art Exhibitions. The labels will be laminated. I have been googling around and have found the Fiskars Bypass Guillotine which has excellent reviews but not sure whether it would handle laminated paper. Can anyone recommend a cutter or give me tips on what to look out for? I don't really want to spend more that £25.-- on it as I will not use it very much.

I use a Rexel office guillotine, self sharpening which cuts through layers of lace & ribbon with zero fraying, also goes through acetate sheet easily, always sharp accurate cuts.

Dave.

Comment

I`ve got a small Fiskars. It works ok for cutting laminated business cards. I suppose it depends on how thick the laminate plastic is your going to use.
      Habbyworld Sewing Supplies Website

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

Many thanks for your comments. I decided to buy the Fiskars Personal Surecut trimmer and am happy to report that it is fine for cutting through laminated sheets of thick paper (160g).

Comment

May i ask where did you get one? And is it quality made?
          Check out my page on various paracord projects you can make!

Comment

Originally posted by Markwell View Post
            May i ask where did you get one? And is it quality made?
            I bought it from pt.craftandtools on ebay for £27.45 (including postage). They were very quick with the delivery.

The cutter looks well made but it is quite lightweight. I don't think I would recommend for heavy use. Also the makers Fiskars state that it can cut up to 5 sheets of 80g paper which I could not do. I have been using it alot today to cut my laminated labels and am very pleased with it.

Comment

Working...
            X