Dyeable Cotton tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyeable Cotton tape?

Does anyone know if white cotton tape that has been bleached is dyeable or not? Like the stuff you get off ebay? Has anyone tryed it or does anyone know if bleached cotton is dyeable?
    Habbyworld Sewing Supplies Website

Habbyworld Facebook

Yes of course it is dyeable. Look at Paula Burch's website for everything you need to know about dyeing.

Comment

Thank You.

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

I second that. Cotton is the easiest stuff to dye and bleached cotton gives you the brightest colours.
        A tip:
        if the tape is new, just wash it first. It might have a (dye resisting coating) coating.
        If the tape is old, wash it first. It might have bits of dye resisting dirt on it.
        What the heck, if you are dying anything wash it first. If you keep it wet it when you lower it into your dye bath it takes up the dye more evenly.

Comment

I was told that to dye cotton tape you should wash it first. Dye it when it`s wet and the dye will cover the fabric better and have a more even result. In fact, you should wash anything before you dye it first as this will get rid of any unseen nasties that could ruin your results.

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

I put some through my laser printer and you can print on it as well. Come out better than i expected.
            This is a what i did in a few seconds just to see if it worked or not and as you can see it worked fine.

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X