do you sell on etsy.....can you help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you sell on etsy.....can you help

ive set up a shop on etsy although in not trading yet.(myeviemyrose or my evie my rose) however ive also purchased a domain name myeviemyrose.co.uk . how do i make sure that whenever someone looks for my etsy shop that the shop page comes up? at the moment when i search for my shop my etsy profile page comes up and if im logged in you can see whats in my basket etc so its not safe. ive no idea what to do.
    also i was thinking of setting up my own shop through weebly and thats why i bought the domain name but ive discovered ill have to pay for a "cart" so ill leave it for a while and stick to etsy but my details on weebly dont even come up when i put in myeviemyrose.co.uk
    what am i doing wrong???
    www.myeviemyrose.etsy.com http://www.facebook.com/myeviemyroseuk

Hi, I just looked you up on Etsy and I can see your shop front. I'm guessing that what you're seeing is YOUR landing page as the shop *owner*, all signed in and everything? Try signing out of Etsy and then searching for yourself and then you should just see the shop front......all secure as houses. When I look at your page I can see MY "yourshop" entry at the top (which is normal). Don't worry about that one. I have a good article somewhere about making sure you're using the best SEO for Etsy somewhere in your descriptions....I'll try and find it.

Weebly....... so you've purchased a domain name, but was it through Weebly (I doubt it if you're .co.uk ?) You need to get your site all set up and then you'll have to look through the Weebly help stuff in order to find out how to get your domain registrar (the company that have sold you the domain and who will host your website) to alter the records so that your Weebly site comes up when you use your search terms.

Someone else might be able to describe this better but it sounds as though your Weebly site isn't yet *connected up* to your domain.

AND - I have a free Weebly site and I use their revenue modules which are connected to Paypal. I haven't paid for a cart and people can still buy.

Hope that helps
    Deb
    Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

hi deb
      thanks for your help
      i dont know what im doing wrong so as i cant seem to see the cart section on weebly. i got the domain through crazy domains but they have transferred it to weebly for me. im so ignorant when it comes to all this technical stuff. i hate being like this. is stressing me out and this was supposed to be a fun thing to do!!!! i need to put the kids to bed and sit down for a few hours and try and sort it out. if you find that article about etsy id love to have a look at it , but again thanks for your help. will i ever get the hang of this???lol x
      www.myeviemyrose.etsy.com http://www.facebook.com/myeviemyroseuk

Comment

Originally posted by blackwillow View Post
        Hi, I just looked you up on Etsy and I can see your shop front. I'm guessing that what you're seeing is YOUR landing page as the shop *owner*, all signed in and everything? Try signing out of Etsy and then searching for yourself and then you should just see the shop front......all secure as houses. When I look at your page I can see MY "yourshop" entry at the top (which is normal). Don't worry about that one. I have a good article somewhere about making sure you're using the best SEO for Etsy somewhere in your descriptions....I'll try and find it.

Weebly....... so you've purchased a domain name, but was it through Weebly (I doubt it if you're .co.uk ?) You need to get your site all set up and then you'll have to look through the Weebly help stuff in order to find out how to get your domain registrar (the company that have sold you the domain and who will host your website) to alter the records so that your Weebly site comes up when you use your search terms.

Someone else might be able to describe this better but it sounds as though your Weebly site isn't yet *connected up* to your domain.

AND - I have a free Weebly site and I use their revenue modules which are connected to Paypal. I haven't paid for a cart and people can still buy.

Hope that helps
        Deb
        @ taytotayto I also have a free Weebly site which I use with a domain name that I purchased elsewhere - it was a relatively simple process to arrange for the domain name provider to link it to my Weebly account.

Deb, I had no idea that it was possible to sell on the site without purchasing a shopping cart. Just had a play now and it works!! The default currency was in US, but I've managed to change it under the ecommerce settings of my weebly account. Can't seem to find a function for adding p&p and I don't want to add these options to my Paypal account as it will mess up my other online shop on Folksy.
        Carol
        Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
        Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

Hiya - you can just add a little extra to your items so that postage is covered and not change your Paypal settings.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwillow View Post
            Hiya - you can just add a little extra to your items so that postage is covered and not change your Paypal settings.
            Sadly, I'm not sure that doing this will be conducive to my sales. A pack of my cake decorations cost £2.50 plus £1.30 for p&p. If I sell two packs of cake decorations it costs the same p&p. If I sell three packs it's still £1.30 p&p. I feel by adding say a £1 to the purchase price of £2.50 would make my products seem overpriced, if people want to purchase more than one item, and not in keeping with the price that I sell them that elsewhere on the internet or in person. I can of course offer to refund the extra postage in Paypal but that looks a bit unprofessional, in my opinion.

I'll still bear it in mind. It might come in useful if I decide to sell bundles of my decorations as one item, perhaps at a discounted rate.
            Carol
            Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
            Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Comment

That's fair enough, there always a catch with something free

Comment

Working...
              X