Wrapping paper for boxed cards.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping paper for boxed cards.??

If anyone can help, when I do a 3d card and varnish it, it goes in a box. I was lucky enough to be given a roll of paper which was like a thin greaseproof type paper that I wrapp ed my cards in when boxed to prevent any movement in the box from rubbing the varnished finish. I am nearly at the end of the roll and cannot find a replacement..any ideas? It is a little like the semi transparent paper that used to be in the old photo albums to protect the photos. I have tried greasesproof paper but have a little difficulty getting the wax seal to hold. Its the sort of paper that posh clothes come in when boxed....But what is it and who sells it.

Ta

Dave.

Glassine perhaps? (although it can be hard to get hold of) Wax paper can be good for this - sometimes found in food wrap sections of stores...you can emboss it too to make it look really pretty if you wanted.

Comment

Thanks for that Christa, will have a look. p.s. dont mention the em***s word, every time I have done it I have had to cut out the raised pattern because it never looks fancy enough to me, usually takes longer to do than than the card (hehehe)

Dave.

Comment

Expensive clothes (should) come in acid free tissue paper. Why don't you use the flat bubble foam? Its designed to cushion itmes without scratching. I use it to pack vintage bone china as is stops movement and cushions at the same time. Its thin so won't tkae up lots of room in the box. I used to buy it off ebay but office depot / Viking Direct has it on at the moment. One roll will last you years.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catal...d=CA300&pr=Q21

Comment

Your paper sounds similar to 'newsprint' paper used by artists - it's very reasonably priced and available from various on-line artist suppliers. (I use it in pad form for with pastels or charcoal for life drawing.)
          Last edited by vonny; 10-01-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I've got a pile of glassine bags here - I'm planning to properly sell them through a website at some point this year - if you are interested then let me know. The biggest ones I have at the moment are just bigger than A5 size.

Emma.
            Paperbuzz
            Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Thanks for all the replies about the wrapping paper, went into a bridal wear shop today, asking about the paper that goes around gowns etc before they are boxed and the lady there sold me a large amount of acid free tissue paper with an assurance of more if required. RESULT...Also said she would keep me odd offcuts of veil material that I could use when trying to reproduce lace Victorian cards. (Damn..another 2013 project brewing methinks.)

All the best..Dave.

Comment

Sound like tissue paper. Have you tryed doing a google search for "tissue paper roll" I`ve seen loads in many colours at reasonable prices.
                Habbyworld Sewing Supplies Website

Habbyworld Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X