advice on card please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on card please!!

Ok so Im wanting to try something different on cards....I have letter beads and am wanting to put a string saying merry xmas on a card....how do I go about this? what string should be used or is any type ok? How do I go about securing the thread to the card without it looking tatty?? xx

I think most type of thread or thin ribbon would be ok. A couple of ideas for securing:

Secure using eyelets.

Use a piece of backing card, make a whole either side, thread your string with the beads on through the holes, tie at the back then secure the backing card on cardblank.

You could also use wire instead of thread
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Ok that was foreign to me LOL....remember Im relatively new to this. what exactly are eyelets?

Also by backing card onto cardblank do u mean thread the beads onto a seperate piece of card and then attach it to a blank card??

Comment

Sorry about that i was rushing as i had to see to my little one. Eyelets are these http://www.lycoseshop.co.uk/epages/l...ads%22/Eyelets. You make a hole in the card first (using a hole punch that fits the eyelet - normally 1/8th) thread the string or whatever you chose to use through the hole, put the eyelet in after, then using an eyelet setting tool and hammer bang away at the back (not to hard though) till the back of the eyelet is flat.

On this card you can see that i've attatched the ribbon to the 'plaque' using eyelets.

As for the backing card - yes thats what i mean, sorry i've never been very good at explaining myself.

Hope that helps, i'm sure there will be more with ideas for you too.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Working...
        X