a sticky question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sticky question

hello i have discovered something new today.

i want to use a rubber stamp with glue so the stamp image is raised and ready for me to heat emboss

my question is what sort of glue can i use for this as they are so many different types out there

would be verry greatfull if anyone can help me out on this one
    Love Chaze2k7 xx

Hi Chaz

Are you looking to get the stamped image tacky so that glitter, foil etc can be used instead of embossing powder? Or are you looking at just using embossing powders?
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

any advice on either would be great thanks
      Love Chaze2k7 xx

Comment

Ooh okeydokey here's my advice on it all....

To heat emboss with embossing powders I personally use the Versamark ink to stamp the image with, this ink stays a bit sticky so the embossing powder really 'takes' to it well. You can also use any pigment inks too like the Emboss Pens to heat emboss.

To stick glitter, foil, flock etc to the stamped image you can either use a glue stamp-pad (general opinion tends to be that these aren't particularly good) or Stamp N Bond powder which gives really good results. You stamp the image with ink as usual (again Versamark works well) and then sprinkle the Stamp n Bond powder over it and heat like you would with embossing powder...it will become clear and tacky and that's when you can apply the glitter etc, press it down and shake off the excess - looks fantastic

Hope that helps
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

thankyou so much for your help will have a go this weekend sound great

cant wait to get started thanks again
          Love Chaze2k7 xx

Comment

Working...
          X