BT or not BT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT or not BT?

I'm moving house (hopefully on the 24th of this month) and my new house doesn't have a phone line..I really don't know whether just to contact BT, or, do I go for cable, or what? I have no idea what the best solution is -has anyone any knowledge about this type of thing?
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Please, anybody?
    I don't want to be without my internet connection for too long!!
    Jayne

Comment

After this weeks 'Watchdog' on TV I wouldn't touch BT with a bargepole! I - reluctantly - would suggest having a look at Orange. I said reluctantly because I had problems with them when I started, but they've got their act together now, and do some pretty good packages.

Comment

Thanks for that, I've just taken a quick peek at the Orange Broadband website & £24 per month (all in) seems like a good deal..I shall investigate this further - I really didn't want to put any more money in BT's coffers!
        Jayne

Comment

Oops, I've just read a bit more of the Orange blurb & you need a phone line - which I won't have at my new house, so I still need to find out which company would be the best choice for installing a new phone line.
          Jayne

Comment

We're with VirginMedia (was NTL) and have to admit we've had no real problems with them. I think they do some good deals like phone, broadband and cable TV for £30 a month but to my shame I've not looked into it and still pay the old NTL rate.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I have a feeling that you have to get BT to do the phone line, the same as with electric - doesn't matter who you pay for electric you still have to go to manweb with anything relating to meters, connection etc
              Emma
              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

I've got two yoghurt pots and a piece of string. I want to go Broadband but can't afford the ribbon.

Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                  We're with VirginMedia (was NTL) and have to admit we've had no real problems with them. I think they do some good deals like phone, broadband and cable TV for £30 a month but to my shame I've not looked into it and still pay the old NTL rate.
                  That sound like a good idea, I assume they instal the cable, so I wouldn't need a BT line.
                  Jayne

Comment

that would depend if it's in your area or not.
                    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Ummm trying to think back to when we moved into this house now. As I recall we opted for NTL as they told us they could connect us within the week and BT said it'd take them 21 days so I'm guessing the previous owner was probably NTL before us.
                      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                        We've just got a fantastic deal with Virgin. My partner spoke to a really nice guy & explained what we wanted & told him that we'd look at their website & none of the packages were really suitable. The guy at Virgin put together a package, with everything that we wanted & they're going to install the cable & broadband etc. the day after we move into our new house. He also put £20 credit on our account, to reduce the installation charge from $25 to £5!
                        Jayne

Comment

Working...
                        X