Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if in right place :) - Rhinestoning ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if in right place :) - Rhinestoning ??

Hello Everyone,

Im new here and this is my first post so I apologise in advance if Im posting this in the wrong place.

I like all things crafty-Im a nail technician so little fiddly things are my fav !

I was thinking about maybe starting to rhinestone things like phone cases, pens etc to perhaps sell to my nail clients, because lets face it, everyone loves a sparkle !

Thing is, I have no idea where to start ! What stones to use, which glues to use etc, I've been researching but am a tad overwhelmed !

If anyone can give me some advice or help it would be greatfully received, or point me in the right direction to people who can, Id really appreciate it.

THANK YOU

If I were you, I would look in to Swarovski crystal stickers...maybe??? They're for card making but maybe for more...and they're so pretty!

Okay, I have been looking at them online - they're used for cell phones, jewelry making, everything. Take a look at this blog -

http://thestickermonster.blogspot.co...er-sheets.html
    Last edited by removed10; 28-03-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Perhaps your best bet is to buy a Kandi Kane or similar hotstone wand.
      Hotstones are crystals that have a pre-applied glue to the back; you pick the stone up with the wand, the wand heats the glue on the back and you can stick the crystal to any surface you like! Hotstones stick extremely well and can be used on a whole host of surfaces including fabrics, plastic, metal, glass etc.

I bought my Kandi Kane for £12 and it was the best purchase I've ever made!

Comment

I agree, I loooove my kandi-kane!It is also nice and fiddly which I'm sure you will enjoy!
        You can buy the hot-fix crystals on many online stores. You can by good immitation swarovski or the real thing. I use mine on my bags and they haven't really fallen off, although make sure you get good quality stones, as I did buy a batch that did fall off but I may not have had the glue hot enough.

x
        Dee x
        Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
        Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
        Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
        X