Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARTIN YALE PREMIER GUILLOTINE HOW DOES THE PAPERCLAMP WORK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARTIN YALE PREMIER GUILLOTINE HOW DOES THE PAPERCLAMP WORK?

Hi,
    Do you have the same Guillotine that i have? I have just bought a Martin Yale Premier 420 guillotine. It seemed perfect as it was relatively cheap on ebay and the specifications were that it could cut 40pages. The ebay seller spe******es in discontinued / bankrubt stock and i have bought from them before and have been very pleased with there service.

I am now having my doubts if the Guillotine works properly and if i should return it. The main problem i thought at the time was that the safety guard was broken but after speaking with the seller they are arranging to send a new guard.

Since then i have noticed the paper clamp which concerns me. Not having had a guillotine before i wondered how it works. (no instructions included). I understand or believe that when the guillotine blade is lifted then the paper clamp lifts and closes again when blade is pushed therfore holding the paper in place. From my initial view of the equipment the paper clamp harldy lifts at all maybe only a few millimetres and only then can I squeeze about 6 pages through - certainly no where near 40-pages. I should have thought it lifted higher and allowed pages to easily slide. Is there some adjustments I can make to the action of the paper clamp or is this the limit should i need to unscrew the clamp each time and just place over the pages? Is this a common fault or is it meant to be this way? I thought that perhaps the action of the clamp might need a spot of oil ... I don't know. Has anyone had the same problem or does yours work perfectly?

Thanks very much from Ivan.
    Oh crumbs!

Hi Ivan,
    I am looking to purchase the premier 420 also, I would like to cut laminated sheets and therefore am trying to go for the highest capacity cut. I can imagine from looking at a close up of the guillotine that the two nuts on each end of the clamp are used to adjust the clamp height as the couple of mm movement you mention is required to hold the paper securely. If the movement was larger to accommodated the 40 sheets and also a couple of sheets I would think it would not clamp the lesser sheets in time before it started to cut.
    Please let me know if you have had any luck since your last post as I would like to know how well this guillotine cuts and whether it is worth the purchase.
    The alternative I am looking at is the Avery PG360 or 460 which states a 30 sheet cutting capacity, but are rotary cutters which I am not confident will be up for the task of cutting laminated sheets.

Olyx

Comment

Working...
    X