Cutting dies and Nestabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting dies and Nestabilities

Hopefully I'm getting a big shot for my birthday!

So I was thinking about what dies to get - i've been looking at the sizzix clearance pages for a while and pondering what to get.

But I really need to get the most for my money so I was wondering (similar to my promarker thread!!) which ones you get the most use out of? Or which ones I absolutly must have?

Also I want to get a couple of sets of Nestabilities - which sets have you found the most useful. Also where do you get yours from?

Thanks for your help people!!

xx
    Jules

www.imadeacard.blogspot.com
    It's more of a blog about procrastinating rather than card making!

I have heaps of nesties to be honest I get them wherever there is a decent offer. You can usually find a deal on sets circles plain and scalloped for example. Sizzix dies I buy direct on Sizzix offers.

Which ones to get depends on your style/preferences. The 3 nesties I use the most are scalloped circles, labels 1 & labels 7 - on wishlist are labels 14 (they remind me of clouds)

Ordinary dies my most used are alphas and flowers/leaves and swirls as I find them to be the most versatile...and a couple of the border ones - especially the grass. I bought a few of the character dies but because you have to cut mutiples and mix and match the colours to build the images I tend not to use them as much. I use my scallop card 3 BIGZ die quite a lot too.

Embossing folders swiss dots is the must have/go to choice but all of the texturz plates are good and can be bought cheaply in the sale - you get six options per pack (3 double sided plates)

Hope that helps...if you have questions about any of the above just yell...

Comment

ooo lurve my bigshot...But I only use bigz really as I use for leather and fabric.

Have lots of fun with it!!
      my folksy
      Kryshees Blog
      www.kryshees.com

Comment

I adore my nesties, hardly use my sizzix ones any more though. My main ones I use are scalloped circles and he circles to go with them, labels 1, 8 and 11. I must get my list of desired ones ready for the SECC show - There's too many I want! lol Off to see what shapes 7 and 14 are to see if I NEED them too! lol
        Elin
        xx
        Come and say hello at:
        My blog - Elin's Cards
        My website - Cards by Elin
        My facebook page.

Comment

Thanks!

I'm really quite excited! I suspect there are going to be lots and lots I NEED. Which is why i'm pretending to be sensible and think about what I'll actually be able to use rather than go crazy and just buy things that look fun - but are not practical. Which is very boring and not like me.

x
          Jules

www.imadeacard.blogspot.com
          It's more of a blog about procrastinating rather than card making!

Comment

Working...
          X