• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • debbie2uk
    Junior crafter
    • Sep 2005

Personalised candles

Hi again.
    How do you go about making these lovely candles.I have seen them on ebay,and have a few celebrations comming up,and thought maybe I could do my own.
    They come under the heading of wedding/christening favors,and adding the bits and peices look easy enough,its just the writing.Is it a special tool thats required could I ask.I have done searches on the pc but can find nothing,only where to buy them.Some even have pictures on them.Its typical of me to see and want to start something that looks difficult never having been really great at crafts,but they are so nice Id love to try.
    Many thanks for your help.
  • storm35
    So much more than a moderate crafter
    • Jun 2005

candles

Hi there, i am sorry i cant be of much help, i used to make candles, until a lady went big and opened up a big shop, which i could not compete with, she does all that stuff with the pictures and writing on them. All i know is that she got photos made into acetate paper and put them on the candle with wax, as for the writing again, it was printed on acetate and then stuck onto the candle with warm clear wax. Hope this helps you.
    Chris xx

Comment

• debbie2uk
      Junior crafter
      • Sep 2005

Thank you

Many thanks for that chris,in fact I searched for hours and came up with the info at long last,and yes its like you say,or by useing rub on transfers.It all looks quite fiddly,but Im willing to give it a go.Thanks again.x

Comment

• storm35
        So much more than a moderate crafter
        • Jun 2005

Yes give it a go, i never bothered,i have no patience hehee, i know you can put on like tattoo transfers and if you can get someone thats good with a computer and printer, then you can print of whatever you want onto either acetate or transfer paper.
        Good luck

Have you seen the snakes and dragons in that whats it called, candle supplies in London, am sur eyou call him that, the owner is called David??
        Cx

Comment

• Sharron2468
          Junior crafter
          • Jun 2005

I know where you get the printer paper from.

This company has any sort of media you can print on, yours are the peel off decals.

They also have free clipart to use, great site.

Have used them myself and they are very cheap.

I also do yeovil show ground car boot sale on sundy afternoons.
          http://stores.ebay.co.uk/G-S-P-Crafts

I have lots of charms, including Italian ones, stickers, stickopotamus and die cuts.

Comment

Working...
          X