• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glitz and Glamour
    500+ Crafters Club
    • Nov 2009

Weird Request

Wonder if you can help. I have been given the challenge of creating a piece of jewellery incorporating a scorpian, any type, necklace, bracelet, brooch etc. Anybody know where I can get a tutorial or and ideas. On the same subject I have been asked about a shark also. All ideas gratefully received.
    Rosemary
    www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk
    www.flickr.com/photos/glitzandglamourjewellery
    http://www.facebook.com/glitz.and.glamour.jewellery
    http://www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk/blog.html
  • AnnieAnna
    Super mega big crafter
    • Nov 2008

My first thought would be to search for a cast charm and put it in with sparkly beads.
    My second would be to search for a pewter caster and ask them to cast me a set of scorpion charms and have loads of them crawling round a necklace.
    Next idea, do a bead woven scorpion.
    Next idea track down the person who made the frog ring (there's a picture on this forum) and ask her to make a glass scorpion. That could be on a ribbon.
    Next idea - fimo scorpions. Sorry my brain can't stop now. Origami scorpions. Stiff ribbon sculpted into a scorpion. Cut out a copper scorpion blank and enamel it...but you get these scorpions from the technique experts on here and meld it into your own necklace/bracelet/earring creation.
    AnnieAnna
    Wood - I missed wood out.
    Knitted wire......

Comment

• mizgeorge
      Mega Crafter
      • Jun 2007

There are several tutes on the net for wirework scorpions if you google.
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

• StickyTiger
        100+ crafts club
        • Dec 2008

Here's a few ideas/suggestions (sorry I can't post links yet):

1. It's not a tutorial but there are some beaded scorpions on beadlebugs and african-artists.
        2. Scorpion is the symbol for the Scorpio sign of the zodiac so you might be able to find some charms you can incorporate into something. I noticed there are a few on ebay.
        3. If you find a charm (or have a friend with one), you could make a mould using sillee gum of something similar from it and use the mould to create something with precious metal clay, UTEE or resin. Have a look at a tutorial on the Ranger ink website - there's a project tutorial called Suze Weinberg Melt Art Goddess Ring for a guide on how to do something similar.
        4. Similarly you could make a pendant from UTEE or precious clay and find a scorpio/scorpion rubber stamp to create an impression.
        5. Do something with a wooden bangle - if you're an artist, you could paint; if not, you could find some good picture of scorpio/scorpions and use a decoupage method to add them to the bangle. For a tutorial, google "How to Make a Bangle from a Vintage Map", which will show you the basic steps.

You could pretty much do the same with a shark although personally the shape seems perfect to make into a bracelet.

Good luck - would be great to see what you came up with in the end.
        For craft materials and supplies: www.stickytiger.co.uk

Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/stickytiger
        Find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/stickytiger
        See my pinterest picks: www.pinterest.com/stickytiger

Comment

• Lilac Moon
          Mega Crafter
          • Jul 2008

HI Rosemary I make beaded scorpians. could be too big though.10512.jpg

Found this on ebay.

Last edited by Lilac Moon; 17-06-2010, 07:50 PM.
          Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

• just sally
            Super crafter
            • Oct 2008

Oh wow some wonderfull ideas
            I love the art deco jewel encrusted scorpians, You could probably find them on vintage sites and design a peice around
            it.
            Or copy it perhaps in pmc and glue some crystals on
            looking forward to seeing what you come up with
            sally

Comment

Working...
            X