The search for novelty buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search for novelty buttons

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with making my own buttons for babies and toddlers / childrens knitted clothes. I can buy most types but I have certain ideas for buttons in my head and toggles that I believe may be better if I can make them myself ... e.g.... skeletons, skulls, leaves, etc ... to mention just a few!!

What do you make them from to make them child safe and washable?
    Or does anyone know a supplier that maybe able to help with weird and wonderful oddball designs??

I know I normally knit toys and novelties but am thinking of diversifying and stretching myself into other avenues too.

Answers gratefully received and thank you all that reply.
    "Mother Nature is a crafter, a therapist, and a small business on a large scale.. she presents us with an abundance of opportunities and it's up to us how we use them in our lives "

https://www.facebook.com/JetsunnDesigns

All I can suggest is you contact or google the eternal maker (or The Button Company) in chichester, W. Sussex. They MAKE their own button's and are suppliers to the craft and retail industry. If they can't help you - I'm sure they will be happy to discuss / advise you. Speak to Anna.
    Hope this helps!
    Rebecca

www.cauliflowercupcake.blogspot.com

Comment

I make wooden buttons which are child safe. I am sure that you could make some with some simple tools from offcuts of branches etc keeping them rustic or maybe carving some simple shapes into them

pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Thanks both , the wooden buttons are great ideas for a couple of projects... am thinking I might have to use polymer clay for some unusual ones but have no idea where to start ..Any ideas any one ???

Mandy x
        "Mother Nature is a crafter, a therapist, and a small business on a large scale.. she presents us with an abundance of opportunities and it's up to us how we use them in our lives "

https://www.facebook.com/JetsunnDesigns

Comment

Working...
        X