website problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website problem

can anyone help. I've just set up a webiste selling craft products and i've had about 70 visitors in 48 hours but no one has bought anything. I thought that was quite a good response for a new site but now i'm not so sure. Could anyone please take a look at the site and tell me whats wrong with it. is there something that i'm not doing or not including? anyone got any ideas tip or suggestions. I'm quite happy to take feedback, good or bad. The website is www.crafty-bits.com
    best wishes Pauline Thorn
    www.crafty-bits.com
    Craft products for all you crafty people

Re: website problem

Pauline

I just did a dummy shopping cart but you can't go to payment!!! There is the icon 'back' and 'update' but none to say 'check out'. I think that could be it! There is no check out!!! In your terms you mention click on 'order' but there is no such button. :shock:

I hope it's a simple as this and that you can fix it quickly!

Good luck

Bea
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

thanks for checking it out for me, i've just tried it out and the back and next buttons are there and there is also one which says 'order' perhaps i should change the wording on that button.
      thanks again for that, anything else yuo can suggest?
      www.crafty-bits.com

Comment

GOT IT! i just realised why there is no checkout/order button showing on your screen. Its because there is a minimum order of £5 and the order button will not show until your order is more than £5. phew! that really got me worried then. thanks again for taking the time to look.
        www.crafty-bits.com

Comment

Pauline... Not to put a downner on your visitor but 70 in 2 days is not many...

Imagine your have a shop on the high street that has 70 visitors through the door in 2 days... how many would you expect to buy... maybe 1 or 2 if your lucky....

The web has many surfers... surfers are people looking and not buyers however these surfers can tell friends/family etc that i saw X y and z...

One site I work with has from 6,000 10,000 visitor's a day and aprox 2-10 sales per day.. (expensive stuff)

Hope this helps...
          Good luck...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

yes it does help thanks very much. i am please that i've even had that many visitors, so your words of wisdom are very welcome. hopefully the visitors will start pouring in before long and maybe one or two may buy something. i'll keep plugging it and advertising it every where i can. thanks again
            www.crafty-bits.com

Comment

Hi
              i am in the process of setting up a website
              I was amazed to read the response you got in 48 hours but saddened to hear that no one bought anything. I was wondering if you can give me any tips on promoting a website
              Thanks

Comment

setting up a website

Hi
                well you'll be glad to hear that we've had over 600 visitors to the site now and had a few orders. It seems that to generate visitors the best thing to do is create links with other sites which apparently makes your site 'sticky' and the web crawlers are more likely to pick your site up. ....or so i'm told. it seems to be working as i'm making lots of links with other sites and the visitor numbers are increasing. so i'll keep at it and hope for the best. We now have an even better site with a competition, projects, tips etc why not take a look and for those who register with us there is a 10% discount on everything they order.
                www.crafty-bits.com

thanks
                pauline
                www.crafty-bits.com
                www.crafty-bits.com

Comment

Working...
                X