Best Epoxy Resin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Epoxy Resin?

I have been using Araldite Rapid epoxy resin (for years now) to fix small metal 'D rings' to our pottery wall plaques. I've had no problems and very few 'come backs' from using this method. When I have a lot of backings to stick on ( ie 50 plaques and maybe 200 fridge magnets in one session) I start wondering if there is'nt a better way of doing this.

I quite like the idea of the 'Twin tubes' so you get the mix right every time...but there is not that much araldite in one tube and at £4-50 plus a go maybee there's a better (and pos more cost effective) solution. Any alternatives would need to be as tough as the Araldite rapid which can stand a wide temperature range... Any idea's anyone ?
    http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

The twin syringe tubes of glue do sound like a good idea although a couple of people I know have said that they do tend to leak of their own accord... though I haven't tried them myself.

Hannah
    WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
    Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

I used to buy the clever 'twin syringe' rapid araldite, but I agree with you, it is expensive for not a lot of glue!

After trying various brands of quick set epoxy, I've ended up using Wilkinson's own brand at a bargain price, think it was only about £2.50

It works every bit as well as standard two-tube araldite. Give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou-Lou's Mum View Post
        I used to buy the clever 'twin syringe' rapid araldite, but I agree with you, it is expensive for not a lot of glue!

After trying various brands of quick set epoxy, I've ended up using Wilkinson's own brand at a bargain price, think it was only about £2.50

It works every bit as well as standard two-tube araldite. Give it a go!
        I give that a try. Thanks......
        there was another 'DIY own brand epoxy' i tried once but it didnt seem to be quite as strong as the Araldite. That sort of put me off the cheeper ones a bit. We need to know that the bonding will be fine ouside in cold weather.
        I noticed on Ebay that there is a firm selling epoxy resin with an even higher spec than that of Araldite.. I would have gone for that but there was no savings incentive when buying multiples. 20 units would cost the same per unit as one unit. Pity because it looked a good product.
        http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X