Anti virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti virus

When i bought my laptop in January i had Norton security free (which i thought was for a year), i keep getting a pop up saying it's running out in a week so i really need to find a replacement. I know there's lots out there that are free and i'm just wondering which ones you guys use and whether you'd recommend it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

I used to use freezila I think that was what it was called but to be truthful went back to Norton. Registration is generally for a year and you need to update it and pay for the year.

Did you register Norton when you got the PC. It could be a warning that you need to register it?

If not I am stumped.

All the best.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I use Mcaffe because we nothing but trouble with Norton. I don't know about any free ones though - sorry!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

We've used Panda Titanium for the last couple of years. We bought it off Ebay, really cheap and we are happy with it.
        Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
        Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Norton is a nightmare .. once its on your system then stick with it..

Yep I use norton..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I was using AVG free until last week. My son got a new laptop and we had Norton security 2007 half price £30, which did two pc's so I've put it on mine aswell. It does slow it down a bit put it is good. Whichever one you get make sure you uninstall any virus,security on your pc before installing new one, unless you stick with Norton. Disconect from internet when uninstalling.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Ruby-designs - shouldn't you be in bed now, that sleeping tablet will be kicking in any minute.......hehe.
              Emma
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

I had three month's free trial with Norton when I got a new PC - absolute nightmare, couldn't get the ******* thing uninstalled. It kept trying to update and I'd keep getting reminders going 'boing boing' telling me to renew my subscription.

I now use AVG Free, which was recommended by a computing buff friend of a friend. It's excellent, updates daily and has found soooooo many nasties, including a Trojan Horse last week. AVG just found it, dealt with it & got rid of it. And it costs nuffink, even better. We now have AVG on both desktops and on both laptops. Can't recommend it highly enough.
                Heather
                Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, i think i've decided to get rid of nortin and go with avg.
                  Emma
                  Sassy Crafts Blog
                  My Blog

Comment

I just googled AVG anitvirus and there were loads of AVG things with different domain names. Does anyone know there url so i don't get a dud one. They may all be legit but i thought i'd ask here first incase there could be fakes listed.

Thanks
                    Emma
                    Sassy Crafts Blog
                    My Blog

Comment

Hi,
                      here is the link to AVG. www.grisoft.com.
                      Have a search through for AVG free v.7.5

AVG is a class product, really does the business, runs in the background and won;t give you any problems. Run the security scans regularly, through the dead easy to use test centre. It will auto update for new viruses every couple of days, downloads and installs automatically. So, so easy!!!

My advise too is ditch Internet Explorer and get Mozilla Firefox. 50,706 trillion times more secure that IE.

Just my twopenneth!

Steve
                      Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
                      www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
                      Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

avg

i get this link from a book free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/1/lng/us/tpl/v5.....have downloaded it but error maybe will try again
                        craft-project.com

Comment

Working...
                        X