Paper Bags..your opinion is needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Bags..your opinion is needed!

Right, I am trying to decide which paper bags to buy to use at a craft fair, the bags are for putting handmade phot frames in (5x7"). I am torn between these 2 options...

Any opionions? I like the fact that the brown ones have handles but the other are ein pretty colours!!! HELP!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Is It Worth Asking......

if the seller can possibly get the coloured bags with handles?

Are your frames heavy? if they were then handles are better for ease of carrying, but they might not take the load if the frames were very heavy.

If the frames aren't too heavy then the coloured bags would be nice - you could seal them by folding the top over and putting on a sticker with your details printed on it.

It's a tough call, that one.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

The frames aren't heavy, so I am tempted by the coloured ones - they are so pretty!!! I think it makes a difference that have pretty bags Thanks Jules!
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Oooooo...

......there are some nice bags on the 'Bay' tonight, just been having a look. I've put loads in 'watching'.

Fancy some pretty pale blue ones to go with the pink ones I bought last time. Spoiled for choice though....plain pale blue flat bags or nice carriers, or both?

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Oooooo...

Thread popped up twice...agghh!
          Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 03-03-2007, 12:14 AM. Reason: duplication
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I think the ones with the handles are good - I have those and I'm planning to decorate them when I do craft fairs. Not sure how but thats what I'm planning on doing!!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

The brown ones are nice as they look more recycled/eco friendly if you get what I mean.

....but the coloured ones are nice also, especially if you folded them shut over the photo frame and sealed them with a sticker with your details on. Kind of looks like a present then??
              - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

from a customer point of view, i'd go for the handles - if people are wandering round a craft fair buying bits and bobs, it can get hard to manage your packages if there are no handles (from a point of view of someone who would be out with a toddler!!)
                www.cleocrafts.co.uk
                for all your cardmaking supplies!

Comment

If you went for the handled bag you could always used coloured tissue paper to initially wrap the item. Leave a few ends poking out and it will add colour!
                  full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Alternatively, you could go for some small, pretty carrier bags. I got some lovely black, with gold swirly patterns on from ebay, that I use for my craft fairs. They were really cheap too.

Carol
                    Sparklez.co.uk
                    Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Thanks all the advice! I am sticking with the paper as I like the fact that you can recycle them. I have seen the black and gold bags you mean though and they do look really good.
                      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Ok, so the coloured ones won for me, but I take the point of practicality, so have decided to add my own handles and see how that works. I just loved the pretty colours too much, couldn't resist!!!
                        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Yep the coloured ones are nice but would probably need handles of some sort particularly if your frames are large.

All the best.

Lisa
                          Bowed Over
                          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I have to say when Im carrying something thats awkward and Im handed a bag with no handles I get annoyed.Handles are more convenient but the coloured bags are also appealing.
                            HAve you tried www.bagnboxman.co.uk they do paper bags in white,brown and colours or printed, all with handles.
                            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                              I think the ones with the handles are good - I have those and I'm planning to decorate them when I do craft fairs. Not sure how but thats what I'm planning on doing!!
                              You could use rubber stamps to decorate if you want it to be quick, easy and not too ostentatios.

I prefer the ones with handlles, less likely to drop the bag when carrying then!

The tissue paper suggestion is a good one
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X