Painting Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Rocks

Have been roped into a Thailand-Korea cultural exchange program at the school I'm teaching in -despite knowing very little about either culture. Anyhow, one traditional Thai children's game we're exchanging is basically a version of the American "Jumping Jacks" with stones instead of a rubber ball and weird star-shaped thingys.

So we have to send some nice, fancily painted sets in little bags off to the exchange school in Korea.

So basically, does anyone know what the best paints for doing stones are. Which one won't chip, or weather as easy since they're intended for a game.
    "Yes! We put the brick on the pedal!"

I might be wrong and I expect someone else on here knows better. But I have used general craft acrylic paint on stones before and not had problem with them chipping you could use a clear varnish on top to help protect paint.
    As I said I'm sure someone will be along in minute to help if I am wrong!

Comment

I second that... acrylic paints, then PVA varnish.
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

1/3rd it. Lot's of coats of varnish, the more the better

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Cheers for that, just tried it out and seems to have worked a treat. Didn't have time to go out and buy, but had acryllic paints lying around the art cupboard. Luckily stumbled across some Acryllic Laquer spray. Just turned them over and sprayed the other side so shall see how it turns out. But I could already see the layer of plastic from the first spray so guessing it worked. Will post photos in the Your Craft Projects Forum when finished.

Cheers for the advice.

Comment

Just to show you all the advice did work.

Thanks for that, it'll keep me in Art lessons for two of the grades for a couple weeks at least.

Here's some samples.

A SELECTION OF THE BEST

I'm hardly gonna be Art teacher and not throw in an Irish flag

Couple of the students had been to France recently

Comment

Working...
            X