Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone/Marble dust sources??

Hello all

Does anyone know where I can get stone/marble dust from?
    I use it for small scale concrete work - but it can also be used in ceramics. I managed to get a small amount on ebay once, as a one off.
    I have googled to no joy, but probably looking in wrong place!!
    If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading

Claire

Hiya

Try www.ukge.co.uk it sells rocks/mineral type stuff so may have something there.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

What about stone masons? Surly a by product of carving grave stones or cutting work tops.
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Marble Dust

Hi Claire,

Did you find some marble dust? im looking for quite a large quantity around 4x25kg bags and wondered if you managed to find any.

Or if n e one else has any ideas, stone masons just say it goes straight into water due to health and safety.

thank you

Mary

Comment

The member who started this thread hasn't logged into the Forum since March 2007, so I don't think you will get a reply unfortunately... hopefully someone else may be able to answer your query though.

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

I know the last reply from this post was back in May but if anyone needs marble dust it is used to make resin copies. If you make a cast of something and you want the copies to look like marble then the dust is added to the resin. The problem is marble dust is quite dangerous when in the air, hence using a wet saw to cut.

You can get it from Alec Tiranti Ltd in Theale, reading. They do online sales (I can't post websites yet) so just Google them.

I have loads of marble chips/waste from the mosaic work but generally I just throw them away.

Lawrence
            Lawrence Payne
            Roman Mosaic Workshops
            Facebook Page

Comment

Marble Dust

I HAVE ALL THE MARBLE DUST YOU NEED ,I SELL THEM ON EBAY, or email me at [email protected]

Comment

marble dust

i have tons marble dust

Comment

Do you know how to incorporate it into a concrete casting ? I want to make a capping for the top of my chimney stack.

Comment

Stone/ Marble dust has various contemporary uses, both in the arts and in industry. But nowadays we can see the stone carvers are making best utilisation of this source to make stone carvings. I hope internet is the only place, to search the marble dust, where you get the detailed information.
                    Stone Carving

Comment

Working...
                    X