Heat it up! Embossining tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat it up! Embossining tool

Ok, i've just come home from buying my new embossing tool, the first thing i decided i wanted to do was have a go. I inked up my stamp and turned it on (it got hot really quickly - is this normal?) however after i turned it off it steamed/smoked a little bit, i was just wondering if i did something wrong, or whether its supposed to do this or ... ah please help!
    xxx

I seem to remember mine smelling awful to start with... it got better after a while (or maybe i just got used to it!
    They do heat up quickly.... they are great for stripping paint and defrosting the freezer too!!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thank you

Thank You!

Comment

yep they heat up quickly.
        My first heat gun had smoke coming form it too.I swopped it just to be safe.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

faulty heat gun

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          I seem to remember mine smelling awful to start with... it got better after a while (or maybe i just got used to it!
          They do heat up quickly.... they are great for stripping paint and defrosting the freezer too!!
          what a great idea, I hate defrosting the freezer, will try that next time, but mine never had smoke coming from it, I think yours may be faulty,I'd take it back for a replacement if I was you, best to be safe than sorry but they do get hot really quick.
          Regards
          Garters

Comment

Most electrical items of that type will smoke for a very short time as the elements are coated with something that burns off on 1st use.
            If it continued for longer than 5 mins then yes take it back!

Also remember never to hold it completely vertical!!
            Rach

Facebook
            Website
            Blog
            Folksy

Comment

Mine didn't smoke but it did stink - does that eventually go away??

Also, is there any way of stopping the edges of the card curling up from the heat??? - sorry, is it naughty of me to ask that question on this thread?? Apologies if it is...
              Yvonne
              x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
              My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X