No announcement yet.

Lampshades – are there any regulations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lampshades – are there any regulations?

I would like to start making my own paper lampshades to sell and although I have sourced suppliers for the lampshade frames and flame retardant backing, I cannot find any information on British safety standards or regulations, so I do not know if I need to use any special materials like flame retardant glue or tape, or if I need to show the maximum wattage for the shade and if so how to work this out?

Hi,

Welcome to the forums

I just did this search
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

The search returns all the uk goverments site that have the words "regulations" + "lampshades"

And haven't found it yet..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Why don't you contact your Local Authority Trading Standards Office? I'm sure that if they don't have the information you want they will know where you can get it.

Comment

Lampshade frame suppliers help

Dear Cat, did you really find lampshade frame suppliers? I have spent two evenings searching under every imaginable search word IN VAIN. Please could you share your findings
        I always made my own, used to get the the frames from John Lewis in every shape and size. Suddenly they are absolutely nowhere to be found. By the way I spray the inside with flame retardent spray also from John Lewis.
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X