Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone like this job - making marzipan sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone like this job - making marzipan sweets?

Apologies if you read my first post. It's sinking like a stone. I'm trying again with a more obvious title.

If anyone has noticed my wittering you'll have picked up that I'm entwined with Kentwell in Suffolk. They are running a Tudor reenactment lasting 3 weeks, starting in one week's time.
    One of the things the pedlars have always sold are marzipan sweets, the size of a 50p piece stamped with the pattern of a Tudor rose. The suppliers have let them down this year.
    Kentwell has around 1000 children a day through their time tunnel and we probably sell them 50 to 75 sweets a day.

I wondered if anyone out there would like a little job - of knocking out a couple of hundred marzipan roses?

As they will be sold to the public you will need to tick all the health, hygene and insurance boxes.

Time is running out so you would need to contact me ASAP. You can go through www.anniethepedlar.com if you like. I'd just like to talk you through the economics and logistics before you contact the Kentwell Shop.

AnnieAnna

I'd love to but don't think I will have the time and also I can't stand marzipan!

I remember years ago making marzipan fruits which I sold at work to get some extra pennies.

Just the thought of it turns my stomach now!!

Hope you can find someone.

P.S. Tayla is really looking forward to her visit and I have my fingers crossed my sister doesn't go into labour the night before so that I can go too!!!
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

If you dont get any luck on here theres a custom requests section in the misi forum.
      I think theres a few people on there selling food items.
      www.veedubzhome.co.uk

Www.veedubz.etsy.com

Comment

Moonbeam - the poor kid is going to be deprived of marchpane roses
        Let them eat men of ginger

Your theme - thanks.

It's silly because it's so simple. You could buy commercial marzipan, roll it out, I have a Tudor rose stamper, you just need to find a round cutter...........then get them to Kentwell in one piece...

I'd do it but no one would pass my kitchen as fit for humans. There is a layer of plaster dust over everything due to the never ending reelectrifying of my house. That's me covered in plaster dust.

Comment

My mum said she would be happy to discuss it with you and may be able to help depending on what you are looking for.

She is a home-caterer / cake designer so has all the insurance, hygiene certs, kitchen cleared for food production etc.

Drop me a PM with your details if you like and I can pass those on to her. Alternatively, you coud contact her through her website www.beaspantry.co.uk (probably best to phone rather than email actually, since her internet is being very moody this week!)
          Emma
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
          www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
          www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Is she in Surrey?
            I'm in Farnborough. My OH works in Guildford.
            If we could get our acts together we could sort the transport problem.
            AnnieAnna off to make contact.

Comment

Deal done!
              Thank you Emma.
              You might be roped in to make a stamper but I'm sending your mum an emergency one. She might get on OK with it.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Gah blimey - the stuff that goes on whilst I am out in my shed.

Emma
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                X