Mass Lino print? + Imagepac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Lino print? + Imagepac?

Hi, my band are recording a cd and want to do the packaging ourselves - lino front and imagepac stamp for back - on card wallets.

Will a normal lino be able to 150 - 200 prints? Is there a recommended type of lino for this quantity?
    Also, could lettering withstand this? - 4cm by 1cm, 8 letters?

I imagine imagepac stamps can do 150 - 200 but has anyone had any experience with detail (12pt fonts?) and accuracy?

Thanks,

Alex

Originally posted by alexioss View Post
    Hi, my band are recording a cd and want to do the packaging ourselves - lino front and imagepac stamp for back - on card wallets.

Will a normal lino be able to 150 - 200 prints? Is there a recommended type of lino for this quantity?
    Also, could lettering withstand this? - 4cm by 1cm, 8 letters?

I imagine imagepac stamps can do 150 - 200 but has anyone had any experience with detail (12pt fonts?) and accuracy?

Thanks,

Alex
    Hi Alex, a lino cut will probably do the quantity you want, and I would suspect the imagepac stamps used carefully will also last, but given that you have to create the artwork on the computer, why go to the expense and difficulty of making the stamp, just to print the back??

I would also be tempted to do the first linocut image, scan it and use the scan to laser off 200 copies...

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Its about at least 50p cheaper per CD this way than to get it done professionally.

I dont have the stuff to laser print on to card wallets.

Unless you mean print onto card and then hand make the wallets? I hadn't considered that. Will look into it - if anyone has done this and found it easy, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by alexioss View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

Its about at least 50p cheaper per CD this way than to get it done professionally.

I dont have the stuff to laser print on to card wallets.

Unless you mean print onto card and then hand make the wallets? I hadn't considered that. Will look into it - if anyone has done this and found it easy, let me know
        Well, you are looking at at least £20 + P+P for the basic stamp making kit (unless you have some of it already).. plus the cost of making the lino cut, and your cardstock..

I would have thought that getting a printer to run off your artwork would be "relatively" inexpensive.. and a CD wallet is a simple template to cut out and stick

As an alternative, http://www.saxoprint.co.uk would charge around £45 for 200 copies for a full colour CD case liner if you wanted to use a standard CD case

Comment

Working...
        X