Looking for a venue in Norfolk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a venue in Norfolk...

For a big surprise party for my Dad's 70th birthday. for 100-150 people or more, with lots of space, where we can do our own catering and provide some drinks, but also have the venue run a bar for us.

You see, Dad went to a bowls event a while back, met people he hadn't seen in years and had SUCH a good time chatting with them! So we're looking to arrange a party for him, and invite everyone we can find that's ever known him. This is quite an undertaking, as people have moved and such, and he's lost touch with so much of his family, too.
    (If anyone here knows Ron and Linda Annison of Norwich, Norfolk, now's the time to speak up, and get an invite! In fact, if anyone knows ANY Annisons in Norfolk, do get in touch, please... )

But the one thing we know we have to arrange first is such a venue and a suitable date, for around the end of October, start of November. Ideally a place with LOTS of parking, and even the capability for people to book rooms to stay in, as they may come from a long way away.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a Norfolk hall or hotel or anything that'd be suitable?
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Ideas, anyone?
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Comment

I've been racking my brains as I'm sure I should know of some places but currently my brain's not playing ball.

Does it have to be near Norwich or would anywhere in Norfolk do?
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

It sounds like a really good idea.
        Unfortunately the only place i know in norfolk is a great campsite where you can have campfires!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Near Norwich would be good, but anywhere in Norfolk or the general area would be fine...
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Comment

Hi.
            I have also been racking my brains and failing miserably. I think it all depends on your budget. For something different you could look at Delia's place in Norwich football ground, but unlikely to be self catering. Does have great parking though and plenty of accommodation locally. Possibly gig venues like UEA and the Arts Centre might do the party room but not much else. Barnham Broom Golf Course used to be really popular for weddings and parties, also Caister Hall.
            Personally I would look for village halls, with a pub near by who would probably love the income from an outside bar. Google maps should highlight villages within your given area. For a great place to stay Cley Windmill is wonderful, I'm sure they would point you in a venue direction if a few of you were staying there. Banham (the next village to where I live) does offer everything if Caravan/Camping was an option, they have the Appleyard rooms, parking, camp site.
            Possibly Broom Grange at Eye although quite a way out might be an idea, they do have a function room, parking, accommodation (with more at the Cornwallis Arms if there are a lot of you) a bar, not sure if self catering though.
            Sorry I could probably spout ideas for hours without anything useful. Did try and add links but don't think I have enough postings yet.
            Di.

Comment

Thanks for those ideas - some new options to think about there! Much appreciated...
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Comment

It's also worth asking some hotels who have a function room for a room only hire.

In Norwich there is loads from the Marriott Hotel (Sprowston Manor), Holiday Inn near the Airport has a big function room. There are some great pubs/small hotels that have rooms for hire aswell.

It really is dependant on where abouts in Norfolk is best for you. If you can narrow it down I will have a think for you, I lived in Norfolk for about 5 years and my other half is a chef so he knows loads of places in Norfolk.
                I Love Handcrafted

Handmade Marketplace for the UK - Coming Soon

Join us on Facebook! I love Handcrafted

Comment

Several Years ago I'm sure I attended a Craft Fair (Indoors) in some sort of building at the Norfolk County Showground in Norwich. SOory can remember details but I think there was more than one venue building there.
                  Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
                  No Membership just visit & Browse
                  Craftville.com

Comment

Yes, a most excellent hotel is the holiday inn at norwich airport...FAB FOOD!!! but a little pricey.

I know you said you wanted to provide your own catering but another venue with great food provided is the Dunston hall hotel, its a beautiful hotel in large grounds and they cater for large groups/weddings etc. but again it could be costly but what a great place to celebrate a 70th birthday.

Sue

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help - much appreciated!

We've now settled on Tracks in Dereham. It looks like a different and cool venue, there's space, we can cater, it's a good price, and the lady there is super-helpful.

There's some pics here : http://www.norfolkgigguide.com/norfo...estatus=venue/

But if anyone needs data about venues in Norfolk, just ask me - I have info for 40 of them now, some in considerable detail...
                      Cheers,
                      Scorch

Comment

Working...
                      X