help my leather jacket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help my leather jacket!

Hi all! I'm posting here cause I thought that you lurkers in these quarters of fine fine craftmanship might be the ones to lend me some help.. I painted this thing on the back of my leather jacket, and so I'm wondering in what way I should protect it from every day wear and tear. I roughed up the surface with sand paper, painted with acrylics, then in desperation used a fixative that is actually for charcoal drawings and such. So I wonder if there is some good way to protect the painting, I picture some sort of liquid that I could brush onto it, some oil or somesuch.
    I would be real grateful for tips!

I tried to upload some photos of it but that didin't work out...

to the forum. We have rules about putting in links until 25 posts but you can put a picture in your album where we could all see it. Let us know when you have done that.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

thanks for the reply Critchley!

I have uploaded three photos of it now in my album... I would really appreciate it if I could get some tips from ya guys! I know it probably isn't to popular not having any pics in the thread, so sorry fow that!

Comment

try resolene by Tandy Leathercraft from abbey saddlery or le prevo leather. Check it is suitable first but it should be asits an acrylic coating.

cheers Bill

Comment

Working...
        X