Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think pink?

Hi there

I know I am a newbie to this site but I am trying to get as much support as possible for a charity event I am running this year

Last year I organized a very successful event for Breast Cancer UK which involved the skills and generosity of cross stitchers from all over the country as well as some from abroad. What we did was organized a huge online auction of donated stitched goods in the theme of Pink. There was a huge variety of items such as key rings, coasters, cushions and other stitched goodies all in the theme of pink. All items were auctioned off with the proceeds going directly to Cancer Research UK. The auction went extremely well and raised over £500 for this cause.

This year I am planning on running the same event again hopefully on a larger scale and am trying to contact as many stitchers, crafters and designers as possible to get this event off the ground again. The actual event will not take place until October as this in the UK is officially breast cancer awareness month. So we are still in the planning and contacting stages at the minute. You can see an interview of what happened with this event in Cross Stitch Crazy (UK) which I will more than happily forward to you if you wish. I own my own forum which is where the final auction will be held I am also a member of Origins cross stitch forums the majority of last years stitchers and bidders were ladies I have met through this forum.

I am currently contacting people to see if they wish to craft or stitch anything to donate for this cause this year, Cancer Researches registered charity number is 1089464

You can find more information at www.inthe-pink.com/thinkpink.htm

Any questions or for more information please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your time

Tabitha King.
Working...
X