Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stazon "Cotton White" ink pads..

And your starter for 10 is..

I want to stamp a design on to some standard vellum so that I get that embossed look, without the raised pattern..

has anyone tried the Stazon "Cotton white" on vellum?? does it look ok?? - or can anyone suggest any alternatives??

Thanks!

Sparkysdad

Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
    And your starter for 10 is..

I want to stamp a design on to some standard vellum so that I get that embossed look, without the raised pattern..

has anyone tried the Stazon "Cotton white" on vellum?? does it look ok?? - or can anyone suggest any alternatives??
    Yes, yes and yes. I attended a Woodware workshop a few years ago where we stamped on vellum using Stazon cotton white and it gives a nice subtle effect - similar to the embossed look you're after. However, if you're looking for the stamped image to be more translucent on the vellum (rather than opaque like the Stazon) then there's a pad called a Castaway Pad which when you stamp with it it's invisible and then you iron over it and the stamped image appears - probably haven't explained that very well

Anyway, what are my bonus questions?
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
      Yes, yes and yes. I attended a Woodware workshop a few years ago where we stamped on vellum using Stazon cotton white and it gives a nice subtle effect - similar to the embossed look you're after. However, if you're looking for the stamped image to be more translucent on the vellum (rather than opaque like the Stazon) then there's a pad called a Castaway Pad which when you stamp with it it's invisible and then you iron over it and the stamped image appears - probably haven't explained that very well

Anyway, what are my bonus questions?
      And for 5 points each.. Why is there so much week left at the end of the money, why do they never fancy quite what you have prepared for tea, and why do people look for images of Jesus on toast and cats bums..!

But seriously, thank you for that nattynetty, I will now go and get one to try.. It would be so handy to have a nice "library" of craft goodies so you could experiment.. guess that's just wishful thinking! Still, always seems to be someone on here to help, and it is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X