The Ultimate Craft Desk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Craft Desk!

I'm on a hunt and I need your help. I'm looking for a computer/craft desk for under £150 (preferrably under £100) but I can't find just the right desk.

It must:

* be a corner desk
    * have a large surface area
    * have storage or space to add storage underneath
    * have a keyboard shelf underneath
    * I'm edging towards a beech colour
    * ideally a bit of storage on top as well, but not a must

My starting point is Ikea's 'Galant' desk.

Any links and suggestions you have you be very much appreciated. I'd also love to see what you guys have done to create your own ultimate workspace.

Hope you can help
    x Fiona

Hi & to the forum, glad you found us, good luck with search.
    Sarah

Comment

Hi

Happy searching

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I got my craft desk etc from Argos - I'd really recomend their modular office furntiture. Great quality and you can design your own because it's modular.
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Oh I would def go Ikea - did so myself and it's been great.Plus it was so cheap I dont mind if it gets wrecked. I went for one of the cheapest options desk wise (white table top on white legs) and just put up cheap wooden shelves.
          My husband has an Ikea corner desk and it has lasted him about 12 years now.
          Good luck with it all.

Comment

to the forum. I can't help with something under £150 as the desk I have fits all that perfectly except no keyboard draw and is £240 from Staples. However I do think there is Mikeal in Ikea that you can get in 3 different shapes a large corner desk woth loads of storage being one of them but it's not on their website.
            Helen
            Independent Stampin Up! Demonstrator
            my blog: http://helending.blogspot.com/
            my website: www.warringtonstampers.com

Comment

Ikea would be my best suggestion - they have quite a good range of stuff. I hope you have a successful hunt.

to the forum by the way. What crafts do you do?
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi There,

Do you have a second hand office furniture place near you?

I bought 2 great "wave" desks (wider at one end) from a local warehouse and they cost me only £75 each. And the best bit is because they are commercial quality instead of flat pack they are really solid and sturdy.

Good Luck with your search

Alison
                http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

I love the idea of a huge craft desk, but I had a storage idea the other day and hope you dont mind me posting it here.
                  You can get these baskets/trays that have arms that slide onto shelves and the tray bit hangs under them, you can get them from places like Robert Dyas.I hung one from my craft table and its grteat to put bits and pieces in to keep them out the way.

Good luck with your table search.
                  https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

hiya, you could try gumtree, it always has lots of bargains. i just did a search on the Edinburgh location and found a lots of computer desks
                    Marion

Comment

Thanks for the bunch of suggestions. Think another trip to Ikea is called for, though I had a snoop at Staples and they have a nice desk as well. Modular sounds worth checking out as well.

Decisions Decisions Decisions!

Seahorse - I know the hanging baskets you mean, they are great, especially for holding all those piles of card and papers.

Thanks again x

Comment

We have a "reasonably sized" corner Computer desk, which came from a staioners called "Partners" which is now part of Rymans (still sell the same desk @ £69..) On the plus side it has loads of storage, but it has an upper part with a storage unit on each side, joined together by a top shelf.. hard to explain! because of the upper part, the work area is large, but not unencumbered.. so it depends what crafts you intend to do.. I have a lamp mounted under the top shelf, so I get a great work light when I am card making..

One thing I would say, we still have the corner unit because it was for the O/h's desktop computer originally.. and he now has an "office" in another room.. but the corner unit wont come apart and we cant get it out of the room it was in without demolishing it!! so bear that in mind!!

In the office we used two "desktops" from IKEA , they come in various lengths and with a choice of legs, so we put a long one on one wall, and then butted up a shorter one to make an L shaped work area... we use free standing storage units under and next to it..

The other option, if you cant fit in two tabletops like that, is to go get some 18 mm MDF from B&Q and make your own table top, screw on some legs from IKEA or elsewhere, and paint/varnish/decorate to suit.. very cheap to do, and the rest of your £150 will buy lots of storage!!

Comment

Working...
                        X