Ideas for pegs on card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for pegs on card

Hi have been busy making crafts for local charity fair on Monday at my daugters school..we have made and painted some pretty pegs..any idea on what card I should put them on..cardboard is too think and greetings card to thin.. I think..please help
    Auntie Peg

What size are the pegs?

Comment

thks for replying

they are not doll pegs they are your standard approx 7 cm wooden pine pegs..I have made some peg cards today and just glued pegs together with a design on and sent them through the post to my mum to see if they arrive all in one piece and what they look like. Im off to Hobbycraft tomorrow to see what they have to hold pegs on cards
      Im trying to be a bit adventourious and get away from using greeting card/paper to send favour messages to people..dont know if it will work....Had a go today at a charity stall at my daughters school and they did not shift although a lot of interest..dont know..maybe thinking too much out of the box...Ill send photos of what Ihave done and really could do with constructive criticisim. Thks Auntie Peg

Comment

I'd love to see pictures of these, they sound really interesting, but I can't quite picture what you're doing with them. Do you mean you clip a message, quote, proverb etc., with it and then put them on the front of a card?
        Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
          I'd love to see pictures of these, they sound really interesting, but I can't quite picture what you're doing with them. Do you mean you clip a message, quote, proverb etc., with it and then put them on the front of a card?

That's what I was wondering, you really have me intrigued
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

If you ARe sticking them onto the front of cards then maybe some clear silicone or a giant glue dot would do the trick? Or a large foam pad, like the ones you get with a badge on a card?
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

this where I am mad but they do look great!!

I strip the peg into two by taking the sping out..then I paint it with acrylic paint..glitter. decortate and then glue it with super glue onto the card..now the peg can either be designed into a tree trunk and then the rest of the card will be decorated, or they are made into a frame... Or has anyone seen peg dolls painted,.. thats what I do with them as well ..Ill put some designs I have made on paper or card onto my album..please helpful constructive criticism is needed. I took them down to baby group and the mothers loved them ... I have been sending them to friends and other and they have arrived no problem but have cost 50p plus to send.....thks for replying will still keep playing with the idea.
              thks Auntie Peg..Clarie XXX

Comment

Working...
              X