Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Which do you think will sell best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Which do you think will sell best?

I sell jewellery but to supplement my sales I want to use some of my large stash of fabric and add other things to my stall.
    So, what do you think would sell better, shopping bags, handbags, cushions or wheat bags? or any other ideas welcome.
    To give you some idea I have some really nice fabrics, 'old gold' clolour pure silk with large black printed flowers and some with embroidered flowers. Cream, Black and pale blue faux silk all with embroidered flowers, and Prestigious upholstery fabric in mainly creams with black, white, beige and cerise flowers. I also have some checks, apricot flowered and pale mauve abstract.

Melanie

Some of each? Sorry, that's not that helpful lol! But that way you could see what went well and do more of that for next time.

Comment

I'm not a "fabric" person but the first thing that sprang to mind when I read silks was little silk purses/pouches that you could sell along side your jewellery.

Another thought - we regularly get asked if we can get any jewellery rolls, you know the kind with lots of different pockets and stuff. If we could find them cheap enough, we would sell them. Someone did post a link to a pattern for one but it was a while ago. Will see if I can find it for you.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Difficult one. I'm trying to think which I would be most likely to buy. Cushions probably the least likely as I have quite a few and I think there are a lot of people out there that might want 2 or 3 similar to go on a sofa to a colour scheme.

I think sort of small handbags would be nice - ones that are more "going out" ones. And I think Auntynets idea of jewellery rolls is great!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Found the link

http://www.pfaffusa.com/721_4876.html

but don't thank me . . . . it was originally posted by the forum's very own human search engine.
          Auntynet

Comment

those fabrics sound really lush - maybe you could just sell the fabric (I'd buy it, LOL!)

I love the idea of jewellery rolls, or little purses or maybe make up bags - I have stacks of little purses and bags around my flat that are handy for storing bits and bobs in - sometimes I just swap my make up bags over just to rotate them all! Plus they make great gifts, and would sell really well next to the jewellery (in my opinion)

I'd love to make stuff like that, but i find my seams are wonky and it takes too long to put zips in

x

Comment

You could always staple them onto some basic wooden frames and make beautiful pictures, or maybe mobile phone pouches.

Comment

Originally posted by staceyjlew View Post
                . . . or maybe mobile phone pouches.
                . . . . with a phone charm attached - that way you have the link to your jewellery.
                Auntynet

Comment

I would say bags every time!!
                  However the jewellery roll looks good and I love mine and use it all the time.The makeup bagswould be good too,what about using press studs instead of zips??

Laura
                  http://lilacstarcrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not being a big fan of mixing crafts on one stall, I go along with the suggestion of making jewellery rolls or little pouches for your jewellery, that way it all links in together.
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I'd say bags too (hands up who doesn't need yet another bag, yeah thought so ), but like everyone has said the jewellery roll should get you some interest!
                      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Oh wow !! Thanks for all the replies ladies and gents.
                        I hadn't thought of jewellery rolls at all. I think I will go with them and the make-up bags, handbags or clutch type evening bags. I may have to be a bit creative with the patterns though as some of the flowers and patterns on them are over a foot across.
                        I made some shopping bags last year and sold a few, but the local chamber of commerce has just launched their own for £1.99 each and most people round here have the 35p and 50p tesco's ones.
                        If I made cushions I was going to do a minimum of 4 of each pattern with a contrasting back so I can get them all out of 1 metre, but like you say they don't really go with a jewellery stall and it may start looking like a car boot stall.

Melanie

Comment

I don't even know how this would work in the slightest, but culd you somehow use the fabric in your jewellery, like in lovely silver frames in various shapes and stretch the fabric inside?? Would look lovely with a matching bag

Comment

I'd say bags (and jewellery rolls) would go better with jewellery then you are selling a wider range but they still would count as accessories.
                            www.jennynevedesigns.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9043479?ref=mf

Comment

the jewellery roll is a fab idea because it will blend nicely with your jewellery, there are not a lot of things you can mix with jewellery without it detracting from your pieces and making it all look a bit naff,

Comment

Working...
                              X